23 | Her reality

"What is she doing here?" I wondered silently as I ventured further, only to witness something I never wanted to see.

I slowly entered inside the cave, making sure not to make any noise. It was dense, but there was something eerie about it. The vibe of the cave was very negative, which made me nervous. Still, I pressed forward, determined to find her. Suddenly, I heard someone screaming loudly, startling me.

As the screams grew louder, I followed the direction from which they came. Each step felt heavier as the screams intensified, sending shivers down my spine. Eventually, I reached a spot inside the cave where some light filtered through, illuminating parts of the area.

As I cautiously peeked around a large rock, trying to remain hidden, the source of the screams came into view, and what I saw horrified me.

There was a person wielding a bloodied sword, mercilessly beating a man who was kneeling before them, pleading for his life. The man appeared to be on the brink of death, blood oozing from his wounds. The attacker showed no signs of mercy, relentlessly interrogating the man about something I couldn't discern. Straining to get a better look, I couldn't see their face clearly, but their eyes seemed hauntingly familiar.

Suddenly, a chilling realization dawned on me—Anna had also entered the cave wearing a similar mask. Could it be..? No, it couldn't be true. As long as I'd known her, she couldn't harm anyone. However, my doubts were shattered when I heard her voice—it was unmistakably hers.

My heart shattered, tears blurring my vision. This was too much to bear. Why was she doing this? What could she possibly gain from taking someone's life? How could she be so heartless?

Thousands of thoughts were swirling inside my head, overwhelming me to the point where I couldn't process anything in that moment. Amidst the chaos in my mind, I heard the click of a gun being cocked, indicating that someone was about to be shot. With a surge of adrenaline, I lifted my head and saw her, holding the gun aimed at the defenseless victim. No, I couldn't let her go through with it. Suppressing my emotions, I ran towards her, determined to stop her..

EOC!

────────────

vote and comment your reviews!

Words: 393

────────────

Love y'all <3

your author 
— ak.

xoxo