Chapter Twenty Two

Hey bitchess

sorry I didn't upload for a week and a bit. 

But guess what I'm back!!!

Love you all! Please comment and vote. You all mean the world!!! <333

---------

I woke up back in the cell I was first thrown into, nothing but hard cold stone. I shifted, trying to curl into a ball to become warmer. At that movement my entire body screamed in agony.

My back where the stakes were, and my chest. Everything hurt. 

Why does it hurt so much?

I looked down and saw a fresh shirt, I pulled it away from my shaking body and looked at my skin.

The pearly white skin that had been blessed to me was now riddled with cuts. All long and deep, dried caked blood all over them.

My eyes clouded when I remembered what had happened. What Lucian had said to me, what Hasan had done to me.

A sob racked my body, making my hurting chest heave.

That lockbox that my powers had been sealed in loosened a tiny bit. The iron that had been in my blood was thinning to almost nothing.

A scream ripped through me, not one of terror. But one of pain, of anger, of sadness. All the emotions mixed to become the perfect storm. Almost like it was the key to open that box.

I felt myself flow free, all the locked up power bursting out of me.

I had failed them, I had failed her.

"Nat promise me you'll keep your sisters safe. They need you. I love you, until the stars stops glowing."

Then she had been ripped away.

My own mother was torn from her family.

Another scream of anger burst through me, more power flowed out.

I felt hands on my on my arms and legs. I didn't want them to touch me. With that will another scream came to my ears, but it wasn't from me. The sound of men screaming.

I opened my tightly shut eyes and blinked, trying to clear tears from my eyes.

Four men writhed on the floor of my cell in pain, clutching their hands to their chest. I could hear the crackle of skin and hair burning. I looked around, and noticed something was emitting light.

No, not something but someone. I was. My skin was glowing. Glowing like exposed embers.

My red hair looked like it was thriving, dancing with fire.

I didn't just have fire powers, I was fire.

Body and soul.

Raging and roaring.

But even with all that power flowing out of me, it ebbed.

The stream of fire being doused by imaginary water.

The energy I had had, just stopped.

And with that I fell back into that darkness, but this time full of worry and concern.