Chapter Forty

I heard Lucian and Arthur talking to each other, I'm glad that Lucian was talking to him. I know he had thought that Arthur had been into me. But he wasn't even interested in women, and he had a boyfriend.

I had picked up small thin sticks and stuck the cubes of deer on them. I roasted them over the curling flames.

"Thank you," Arthur said as I handed him the cubes of meat.

I gave Lucian his and he smiled warmly at me. I plopped down and plucked a piece of meat off and chewed it. It wasn't seasoned but at least it was hot and edible.

I had skinned the carcass, cutting up the meat and rotating the rest of it for the road. Leaving no piece of the animal left.

The sun now had completely disappeared, replaced by stars and the moon.

A chilled wind had settled across the leaves.

We had gone over the contents of the bag again, and only found two blankets. It was better that me and Lucian were on good terms now. Some sexual others more.

Arthur had taken a blanket and curled himself up, meanwhile Lucian had taken the other and smirked at me.

"Care to come here?"

I laughed and sat down next to him. He draped one side of the blanket around my shoulders and pulled me in. Arthur had his back to the fire and us. His back falling in a rhythmic pattern, signs of sleeping.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and leaned against him, "What is this?" I questioned.

"Our relationship?" he whispered.

"Yeah."

"It can be whatever you like, just friends, sexual, or...romantic," he said the last word quietly.

"Like we've gone through a lot in our relationship, and I won't lie about it, I do have feelings for you. I think I have been for awhile. But I've been pushing them away."

He paused at my words.

"And I just can never tell if you only want me for the sex or me for me," I contiued.

He shifted me and pulled me onto his lap. Both of my legs wrapped around him.

"Darling, I want you, more than just for sex. But to be with you," he whispered against my skin.

"I want you too," I said breathlessly.

"Fuck," he whispered nder his breath. "Once we're alone in Aestridel I'm going to make you mine." he promised.

My breathing became heavier. I wanted him. Wanted him so badly.

"So what is our relationship exactly?" I asked once more, my arms wrapped around his neck.

"We can figure that out on our own time, but now you're mine. And I am yours. No one else's."

Lucian turned on his back and layed us both back. Me still on his chest. I willed the fire to die down and only become glowing embers.

"Time to sleep," he whispered in my ear. He wrapped his arms around my back and secured me. Wrapping me in a secure hug.

"Lucian?" I whispered against his ear.

"Yes love?"

"Goodnight."

I felt him smile warmly against my cheek as I drifted off to a dreamless sleep.