Chapter Thirty Five

Hey sorry guys about the mix up in chapters but everything is sorted out now! 

Arthur had brought me breakfast, telling me that I didn't have to go yet. He was nice, I'm glad that he had found me before anyone else did.

"Sadly all the women have to go back, I heard Arthur say. "That means I have to bring you back out."

I nodded and got back into the outfit I was in yesterday. I walked behind Arthur and saw men coming out of their rooms. All staring. I internally rolled my eyes and continued walking. I was left by the room where I had gotten this outfit. The door opened and the woman who I saw yesterday was there.

She pulled me in and closed the door. "Are you okay?" she said, her eyes looking over my entire body.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I said. I didn't know if she knew how nice Arthr was, but I decided to wait and not tell.

"I didn't see you come back last night," she said. "One of the girls said that one of the men pulled you away and kept you for the night."

I shrugged, "Yeah I'm alright."

She kept on asking me questions, and I kept on lying to her. Finally she walked over to the closet and picked up a sweater and pants. She handed them to me and waved me over to the changing room.

I changed out of this hideous outfit and slipped into the new clothes. I threw the pieces of fabric into a pile on the floor and stepped out.

"So what do I do now?" I asked the woman.

"Now you do chores and things around the house."

"Are there any jobs that I could do outside? Like weeding or anything?"

"I can ask if they can get you outside."

I nodded and waited for her to come back. She opened the door back up and was smiling at me. Perfect.

"There's a job for washing windows," she said. I nodded and smiled at the two men behind her.

They grimaced at me and I followed them outside. I knew I couldn't run. But because of the Sumfae I now had my powers.

I grabbed a bucket and a cloth and stepped out into the sunlight. I was basically blinded by the light.

I walked over to a window and started scrubbing the glass. I kept my eyes on the guards as they talked and laughed.

"We're going to go get drinks," one of the men shouted over to me. "If you try and run you'll fucking regret it."

I nodded and continued to scrub the grime off of the window.

They entered back into the large building. I looked around and ran over to the tree. I couldn't run, couldn't leave all of these women and men here. But I could do something to help someone find me.

I ran to the trees and summoned a trickle of power, I heated my hand and pressed it to the bark. It left indents in the tree and scorch marks.

I threw a tendil of my power, it flew through the woods and scorched trees every so often. Hopefully if Lucian was looking for me, he would find the tree marks and follow them.

I decided to run back to my bucket before the guards came back. I reached it just on time before they came back laughing.

I finished scrubbing the glass, the hot sun beating down on the back of my neck. Sweat dribbled down my forehead.

I walked back to the new guards and looked at them expectantly.

"I'm done," I said simply.

They nodded and led me back towards the room I had met the other people who were forced to work here.

They took the bucket and cloth from me and pushed me inside. I stumbled and landed on my hands and knees. A sharp pain shot through my palms. I hissed and rolled over clutching my aching hands to my chest.

I looked down and saw scarlet blood trickling down the grim covered skin.

"Fucking hell," I cursed.

I stood up and looked down to see the fabric on my knees was ripped. Also stained with blood.

I limped over to a stool and sat down, my fae powers would kick in soon and heal the wounds up. It might take a little longer than usual due to my lack of energy. But they would end up healing.

I sat and looked at the wall in silence. Waiting until I was called to work again.

"Lucian," I whispered quietly. "Please still be looking for me, please don't leave me here. I beg you."

Other maids and servants came in and out of the room, coming from and going to chores. I thankfully was not called to go anywhere.

--------

Couple hours later the door opened and six guards came in. They called the same girls to follow them.

We came back into the same room and saw the same woman, she handed us each outfit. If I could even call them that.

Mine was a dark glimmering blue, made of pure midnight.

I changed and groped back up with the other girls. I looked the most alive out of all of them. Not the same dead bored look in their eyes.

If I stayed here I'll be like them too.

We walked back into the room, the smell of men and alcohol stung my nose. I tried to get my way towards Arthur who was sitting in the corner again but I heard a different yip.

I turned and saw a tall thick man staring at me, he was sat upon a throne made of wood and leather.

He gestured for me to come over to him, I glanced and Arthur and saw him staring in between me and the man.

He didn't intervene though, he must be the leader of this group. Keanu.

I walked up to him and stood in front of the disgusting man. He splayed his legs and patted his lap. Gesturing me to sir. I nearly gagged at the thought of being so close to him. But if I didn't do this, I'd be killed. I could probably take one or two guards. But I'd lose my energy real fast.

I walked up to him and sat down on his lap. The burning smell of alcohol and smoke wafting from him.

He pulled my legs across his and looked at me, "So, you're the new girl am I right?" he asked. His breath was worse than his smell.

I nodded and looked out onto the room.

"You're probably the hottest one here," he flirted with me.

"Thank you," I said in a quiet voice.

"Once I get enough to drink, we should head up to my room, pretty lady," he said. His hand drifted across my skin. His hands were soft, but not a nice type soft. And damp.

"Please Lucian. Find me quickly."