Chapter Thirty Seven

Natallia

I busted my way in the door with all the clothes. I rummaged through all of them and found seven different comfy outfits.

I walked out and saw the other girls running towards me.

"The purple eyed one told us to come look for you," one of the girls said. Lucian.

I nodded and handed out the six other outfits to the other women in skimpy outfits. They thanked me and ran into closed spaces to change.

Once we all reconvened I asked them millions of questions, "Why did he send you to look for me?"

"They were about to get into a fight," one of them said. My heart stopped. I knew Lucian could take that, but still what if he was hurt?

"Okay you guys go get the others and group here," I commanded. "I'm going off to find Lucian."

They nodded and ran down the hallway, I sprinted and quickly spun around the corner. Lucian came walking down the hall way covered in blood.

His face.

His clothes.

Everything.

I rushed to him and grabbed his face, "Are you okay?" I asked frantically.

He looked down, "Yeah this isn't my blood."

I let out a breath and turned to Arthur who was behind him, "And I'm guessing that's not your blood either?"

He shook his head and I nodded. "Okay we need to get you different clothes, and then we need to go."

I turned back to Lucian, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"So worried for a person you hate," he teased me. I rolled my eyes and walked down the hallway.

"There should be a supplies closet up here," Arthur said.

He jogged in front of us and opened a small door. From that he pulled two sweaters and pants.

"They're here if they ever need to evacuate the building," Arthur said to us. He threw a couple pieces of cloth. He went into a separate room to change.

"I'm going to go help the others," Arthur said to me. I nodded and watched him walk down the hall and around the corner.

I slid down the wall and hugged my knees, what the hell is happening. I heard a door open but I didn't look up, still distracted with my fingers.

"Darling?" I heard Lucian's soft voice. I looked up and saw him crouched down in front of me.

"Mhm," I said quietly.

He sat down in front of me and took my hands in his, covering my long fingers with his warm ones.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

A tear slipped from my eye, "I'm just tired of being on the run, or lying all the time." My voice cracked as a sob racked my body.

"Oh, Nat darling," he cooed and pulled me in so I was basically on his lap. I felt his arms wrap around me and secure me tight.

"I called for you every night," I said and I felt his breath stop. "Every night I would call out to you and the stars for you to find me."

"I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner," Lucian whispered into my hair. I pushed my head up and looked into his eyes. I cupped his face with my own hands.

"It doesn't matter that you didn't find me sooner," I said reassuringly. "You found me before anyone could try anything, that's all that matters."

He nodded and pulled me in once more, "We uh have to go," I heard a different voice said. I jolted and looked up, I saw Arthur standing above us smirking.