Chapter Forty Three

Lucian led us to a different room than the one I had woken up in, apparently he had 'asked' for us to share a room.

It was annoying and sweet at the same time, sweet that he was clingy and being nice. Sometimes still ana ss but still. But also annoying because he hadn't left me alone for one moment since I'd woken.

"I'm fine with protecting myself," I said as we walked down the hallway.

"Still, I don't want you out of my site," he said simply.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking down the hall with him.

"Our room is just up here."

We stopped before a simple door, he pushed it open and let me walk in before him.

I was taken aback by the sheer beauty of the room. White marble walls with gold running through its veins. The ceiling looked like a pure picture of light. Angles around the border, holding harps and flowers. Their mouths wide open as if they were singing an emotional song. They floated in clouds and flew above the sky. In the centre were clouds and pure sky. Simple yet full of power.

There were white marble marble pillars in all four corners of the room. Like they were holding up the sky.

There was a huge bed covered in white fluffy sheets, They looked like puffy white clouds.

"Holy gods," I breathed out. This room was beautiful.

"Glad you like it," I heard Lucian chuckle from behind me.

He walked past me and stepped into the room, he glanced behind his shoulder and still saw me staring at the breathtaking room.

"Your clothes are over here," he called out. I snapped my attention to him and saw him gesturing at the large closet set into the wall.

I walked towards him and opened the doors. I was stunned by how many clothes were there. Everything from dresses and formal wear to fighting leathers. And from everything shade it looked like. On the spectrum from white to black. Thunder cloud greys and dirty whites. The deepest blacks, looking like the clothes were formed from pure shadow and night.

"Do you like them?" Lucian asked hesitantly. I looked at his face and saw worry lined his eyes.

"I love them," I breathed out. "You did this?"

"All for you," he hummed and brushed a knuckle across my cheek. I liked the relationship we had now. Not enemies, but he still annoyed me sometimes. But we were... friends? Lovers? Something more? I'd have to talk to him about that later.

"Get into clothes you feel comfortable fighting in then we'll head down to the training ring," he said.

"How do you know this place so well?" I asked.

"I was a spy weren't I?" he said with a smile on his face.

I laughed and turned back to the clothes. I chose tight black pants and a navy tank top that I tucked in.

Lucian had changed into dark grey pants and a white shirt. Which he'd probably take off while we were fighting.

"So you really know this place, huh?" I was amused.

"Yes, I came here many times to galas and parties. Disguised among the crowd."

He led me out of the door and draped his arm across my shoulder. Leading me where the training room was.

We chatted about random things, nothing specific. Like what were our favorite colours. Lucian said black and grey. Typical.

"How about you?" he asked.