Chapter Thirty Four

Natallia

I woke up in a dark room, all I could see was black. Nothing more nothing less.

I tried to get up but something stopped me, I tried again but my arms were stopped by something.

Held by something.

I tried again and again, but nothing worked.

I let out a yell of frustration and I heard something move. It was muffled, so behind a wall or a door possibly?

"I think she's awake."

"Let's go check."

I heard a loud scrap and a sliver of light illuminated the room. It wasn't a big room, a small wire bed and a chair. I was chained to the opposite side of the room from the door.

Two figures stood in the light, their faces backwashed from the dark room.

"Fucking let me go," I sneered.

They both laughed and walked into the room. "Sure we will princess."

"Call me that again and your heads will be on the ground."

They just laughed harder. Like they thought I was joking. I was going to show them how wrong they were.

I tried to summon up that fiery power, to burn their flesh right off their bones. But nothing came. I tried again but it was like scratching at a wall. Nothing moved.

I looked down on my wrists and saw that the chains holding me back looked like iron. But they didn't feel like it.

"It's a mix of iron and copper sweetheart," the other one said. "Restricts your power but doesn't burn."

"Why?" I asked, furry in my eyes.

"Well we couldn't have a new slave with marks on her arms," one cooed.

A slave?

Oh hell no.

"I'm not going to be one of your fucking slaves," I hissed at them.

"Oh but princess you don't have a choice," one mused. Crouching down, bringing his hand near my face.

I took my opportunity and snapped at his finger, I got it in between my teeth and bit down hard. Metallic blood filled my mouth, the chipping of bones filled my ears. I bit until I felt my teeth collide once more. Until the disgusting man's finger was clean off from his body.

I spat out the bloody finger and looked at them, the one I had bit staggered back. Gripping his hand to his chest and screaming. Scarlet blood poured down his arm.

The other one looked at me in shock and fear.

Good, let them be afraid. Let them know who they captured and why it was the biggest mistake of their pathetic lives.

"What the fuck bitch!" missing finger, screamed.

"I'm not going to be a fucking slave," I spat at them once more before they slammed the door. The light is going with them. Plunging me back into endless shadows.

Who were they? They didn't look like Heidi's men. Who took me?

--------

I don't know how long I've been sitting in darkness for, I've heard people mumbling and laughing. But no one has come into the room.