[20]

Ace

"Why the fuck am I in here?" I asked, just about done with everything that happened tonight.

His bitch ass just chuckles at me and sits down from across from me at the table, setting a bottle of water in front of me and one for him. "You just can't stay out of trouble can you, Ericson?"

I scrunched my face up. "Can we just get to the point why I'm in here? Matter of fact, did you question those greasy niggas in the other room?"

"Don't worry about that. The only thing you should be worried about is if your ass is going to be sitting behind that cell by tomorrow."

I huffed in annoyance and sat back in my seat, getting prepared for all the questions he is going to ask me that I don't want to even bother listening to. I go to look around the plain small room that has no windows.

"Now tell me what happened down at the bar," Brooks says, having his pen and notepad ready to write.

"Why would I tell you? Just get me outta here." I was really so close to popping off on his ass. I don't have time to sit here and listen to what he gotta ask. I'm pretty sure by now Gee is wondering where the fuck I'm at.

Brooks grits his teeth, frustration evident on his face. He goes to calm himself down by rubbing his forehead.

This isn't the first time I've been taken in for questioning. I know how this shit goes, sadly.

I'm tryna hurry up and get outta here so I can see if Tobias is alright. I heard that they rushed him to the nearest hospital. If I never arrived there in time, he would have got killed.

"I'm going to ask you one more time... What happened down at the bar? And don't bullshit me I don't got time for your shit."

"I'm not telling you shit."

"Oh yeah? Alright, let's just talk about what you did to Bryson Levi's body. I know that you did it."

"Oh?" I get to chuckling. "You talking about your boy you got to close in on me? By the way, sorry for your loss." I then get to laughing.

He gets triggered by my words and quickly raised up from his seat, causing his chair to fall back on the ground. He roughly grabs me by the collar of my shirt and starts to yell all up in my face with his stank ass breath. "Tell me what the fuck you did right this instant!"

I moved my face away because his breath was straight kicking. "Yo can you back up, son? Your breath is hot as hell right now."

"Not until you tell me what happened down at the bar, Ericson," he gritted.

"Fine, I'll tell you," I shrugged.

He takes a deep breath and lets go of my shirt, smoothing it down before backing away. "What happened?"

I looked him in the eyes. "Aight, what happened was... Your ass just wasn't there to see the shit." I get to laughing at his facial expression.

I can tell I really pissed him off when his face starts to get red. He goes to punch me in the face. I held my mouth and was still laughing.