[28]

Kasey

"K, let me holla at you right quick," Tobias says just before I was about to leave out the house.

He was sitting on the couch while watching some old movie as he smoked.

"If it's about me taking some of your weed, I'm sorry," I quickly apologized.

"What?"

I put on a fake smile. "Huh? Nothing," I quickly dismissed it. "What was you gonna say?"

He looked pissed for a minute but just let it slide for now I guess. I knew I wouldn't hear the end of it after whatever we are going to talk about.

"What I was going to say is that I've been doing some thinking," he starts, putting his blunt down on the ashtray.

"Thinking like what?" Curious to see where he's going with this.

"I'm getting to it with your impatient ass. Anyways, I've been thinking about letting you take over the gang. You're the only one that I can trust to take over if anything happens."

I couldn't help but to smile. "Really? You trust my ass?"

"Yes, but I need to know if you really down for something like that."

I nodded my head. "I am. You know you can always trust me with the big shit."

"Don't get ahead of yourself. I'm just saying, if it ever comes down to it— you gotta step up."

It had to have been something serious if Tobias was talking about giving Superiors to me if anything goes down.

That topic was never brought up considering that he's been leader for so long. Makes me wonder if he was already thinking about retiring.

But I don't know.

"What you getting all dressed up for?" He then asked, eyebrows raised.

"Spending some time with my lil baby," I grinned.

Tobias scoffed. "Of course."

"Don't be hating because you got problems with yo nigga. I knew it was a red flag when he tried to kill me for no reason."

"Maybe you deserved it."

I straight faced him. "Fuck you too then. That's why I took some of your money."

His brows furrowed as he immediately got serious. "You did what?"

I quickly left out when I saw him stand up from his seat on the sofa.

We decided to just eat outside on the benches after buying our food from this place since the inside was too damn crowded.

A nigga could barely breathe in there with nothing but fat bitches all in my way.

"Why is you looking like that?" Gee says, eyeing me weird.

"Looking like what?"

"Smiling like a dumbass."