Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Willowkit opened her eyes. She looked up and saw a cat who she was nestled up against. She looked to her left to see two other cats that were both about her size. The large cat lifted her head and looked at her.
"Ah, Willowkit, you've opened your eyes! Welcome to ThunderClan my sweet kit." She said. She quickly figured out that this was her mother and those other cats were her kin.
"Mama..what's your name?" Willowkit spoke for the first time. Her voice was soft and gentle.
"I am Rainstripe. And you are Willowkit! These are your littermates, Dappledkit and Splashkit." She said, pointing to each of her littermates in their turn. A dark gray tom with even darker gray spots on him came into the den.
"This is Stormcloud, your father." Rainstripe introduced Willowkit.
"My dear kit, you've opened your eyes! Hello." He said.
"Hello!" Willowkit answered. She heard a yawn to her side and turned her head to see Dappledkit and Splashkit opening their eyes. Dappledkit's dark blue gaze met Willowkits first.
"Hi Dappledkit!" Willowkit said. Dappledkit smiled a sweet smile at her. Willowkit glanced over to Splashkit, who was trying to stumble on her paws towards their father.
"I can already walk! Watch me!" She exclaimed. She stumbled a moment later. Stormcloud picked her up by the scruff and put her back by her mother's belly.
"You'll do better next time." He said with a slight chuckle. He went over to Rainstripe and whispered something urgently in her ear. Since Willowkit was closest, she tried to eavesdrop.
"The twolegs are tearing down so many trees..and prey is becoming more and more scarce! I'm worried that the twolegs might invade our camp and tear it down." That was all she heard before Stormcloud pressed his muzzle to Rainstripes and hurried out of the den. The other queens in the nursery had their kits huddled close to them as they slept. One of the kits was awake. He was looking right at Willowkit.
"Hi!" He mouthed. His grayish-blue fur went very nicely with his vivid blue eyes.
"Hi!" Willowkit mouthed back. The kits both chuckled then turned back to their mothers. Rainstripe started to explain to the kits about all the clans, how a clan runs, borders, hunting, fighting, StarClan, etc. After that, she said,
"Kits, it's night now. Time to go to sleep." Willowkit and her littermates all yawned and huddled in close to their mother, for the air was chilly.

"I'm gonna catch you Willowkit!" Icekit yowled as he chased after her. The two kits were racing around the camp. It had already been a moon since Willowkits birth, and it seemed as though her and Icekit were becoming closer. He was the kit she had said 'hi' to when she first opened her eyes. 
"Never!" Willowkit yelled back to him. She was running as fast as she could go. Her tail streaked out behind her and the blood pounded in her ears. She didn't even seem to feel the chilly air. They raced past Bloodclaw and Blackwing, two newly made warriors. She heard them chuckle as they raced by. Willowkit started to lose speed as she began to tire. Icekit was still hard on her paws. She almost ran into Leaffall, another newly made warrior, but kareened away just in time, sending Icekit skidding to a halt.
"Oh you're gonna get it now!" She heard him yowl. Willowkit slowed down to a fast trot as she heard Icekit running at her. But she misjudged how quick he was, and he leaped on top of her before she could get away. He pinned her under his big paws. She giggled. He cuffed her over the ears. They started to roll in a play fight. Moments later, Bravestar came over to them.
"Ah! Already training to be warriors I see!" He exclaimed. Willowkit and Icekit stopped play fighting and sat up straight for their leader.
"Yes we are!" Icekit announced.
"You'll both be fine warriors! I can't wait to have you two apprenticed." He said, then bounding off towards his den. Icekit and Willowkit started to pad back to the nursery, feeling tired. When they walked in the nursery, Dappledkit was huddled close to their mother and Splashkit was playing with Snowkit, Toothkit and Birdkit. The other kits were sleeping with their mothers. Rainstripe was speaking to Stormcloud with an anxious expression on her face. Willowkit stayed close beside Icekit at the entrance of the nursery. Icekit looked at Willowkit with a worried expression and rested his tail on her shoulders. Willowkit began to shiver with anxiety when Stormcloud picked up Dappledkit and started to walk out of the nursery. Icekit twined his tail with Willowkits when she said,
"Stormcloud, what's wrong with Dappledkit!?" Stormcloud simply paused as he walked by her and gave her a worried expression, then he padded on. He headed in the direction of the medicine den. Willowkit buried her muzzle into Icekits shoulder as tears fell from her eyes. Icekit frowned, seeing her upset. He rested his chin on top of her head and whispered,
"It'll be alright, Willowkit.." He walked her to her mother, their tails untwining as they drew near. After escorting her to her mother, Icekit retreated to his own mother.
"R-Rainstripe, what's wrong with Dappledkit?" Willowkit asked timidly. Rainstripe frowned at her and paused.
"She's sick Willowkit..really sick. With greencough." Her mother said at last. Willowkit paused then said,
"She'll get better, right?". Rainstripe gave Willowkit a deep look. And everything in her eyes seemed to be question. Willowkit huddled close to her mother as Splashkit came back to their nest for sleep.
StarClan please let Dappledkit be ok..Willowkit thought before she fell asleep.