He Can't Know

Excuse Errors...

Beyoncé

"Hey Kelly... how was class?" I ask, sitting at the bar while she fixed her some food.

"It was okay. The professor was a bitch but other than that..." She trails off.

"Oh okay."

"You know we never got to know each other..." I start off, on thin ice already.

"I don't think I want to. You're like 3 years older than me."

"But Kel... it's not like we're married or anything. We just date. What's wrong with us being friends?"

"I don't want to."

"Why?" I grab her wrist.

"Why what? Why are you touching me?" She looks down at my hand.

"Sorry. I just want us to be somewhat okay with each other..." I pull my hand back.

"We are. I'm speaking to you. That's all you need."

"Kelly-."

"Excuse me." She walks away. I sigh. What did I do to make her not like me?

"You wanna play a game?" I ask, unsure of how she'd react.

"I'm eating."

"Why don't you like me?" I blurt out.

"My mom died last year and he brings you over and says 'oh by the way, we've been together for 7 months'. How do you think I should feel?" She asks casually.

"I didn't know he had a daughter until we were together for 4 months."

"And?"

"He didn't tell me how old you were... I just assumed he meant a little girl."

"And you didn't question anything?"

"He told me it was nothing to worry about. I'm sorry." I turn and walk back to the kitchen.

"Beyoncé." I turn around.

"It's not completely your fault." She hugs me and I gasp a bit because I wasn't expecting it.

"So do you want to get to know each other?" I ask, now confused.

"Yes... starting with... how did he... bag you?" I blush really hard.

"What do you mean?" I put a bit of hair behind my ear.

"You're fine as hell and then there's my dad..."

"I- well... um..." I blush harder.

"Can we talk about something else?" I rub my ear.

"No."

"Uh..."

"Do y'all have sex?"

"Sometimes."

"Does he please you right?" I choke on my spit. I clear my throat and look from her.

"...sometimes."

"Interesting..." I back up and she follows me.

"Why do you want us to get along so badly?"

"I'm- I don't know. I just thought we should because of the common factor in our lives."

"Right. My dad." She softly grips my waist.

"Yea. What... what are you doing?" I step back.

"Whatever you let me." Huh?

"What do you mean by that?"