Doctor's Visit (Actual Short Story)

Kelly

"Hey baby. I'm going to my ultrasound appointment. Call me when you get this message." I roll my eyes, going into the office.

As I wait, I see people who got here after me going in and roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Rowland?" I walk up to the doctor.

"Hi. I'm your doctor, Dr. Knowles. I know this is weird but I like to get to know my patients first hand." We shake hands and she smiles.

"That's fine." And so is she.... Hold up. I'm straight, I think. Maybe it's the hormones. She leads me to a room and I stare so hard at her ass, I didn't even know that she was still talking to me.

"Okay. Unbutton your pants and lift your shirt up a bit." I do what she says and sigh.

"I'm gonna put this on your stomach okay?" I nod. I jump as the gel touches my stomach.

"Why is it so cold?" I ask.

"Great question." I laugh.

"Okay... Do you want to know the sex?"

"Yes."

"It's a boy..." She smiles.

"Yay."

"Here's his head... His legs...arms..." I feel the wand go a little low and she looks at the screen. She noticed my stiffened posture.

"I was trying to see what that was."

"What?"

"That..." I see it.

"Part of the umbilical cord?"

"Actually, it is." I smirk.

"Okay. Your next appointment is in 6 weeks, I'm going to give you prenatal vitamins, and then you'll be free to go."

"Thank you." I smile. She cleans the gel off of my stomach and sighs.

"Hold on." She wets a paper towel and wipes the sticky part off.

"Personally, I hate feeling sticky." I laugh.

"I'll be right back." I nod. I fix my clothes and get on my phone.

"Okay." She trips on something and lands on top of me. I look at our position and blush.

"My bad. I can be clumsy at times." She blushes.

"Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" She puts her hand on my stomach.

"I-I'm fine." I whisper, feeling things that I shouldn't be. She looks in my eyes and travels down to my lips. She bites her lip, inching her hand lower. She leans in and my breathing gets heavier.

"The vitamins." I whisper, backing up.

"Um...t-take them...um...every 7 hours with food." She moves, blushing.

"Thanks." I put them in my purse and go for the door.

"A-and..." I turn around.

"Um...sorry for that..." She whispers, looking in my eyes.

"That's fine. We all have our days." Dr. Knowles nods.

"See you in 6 weeks."

"See you." She whispers.

6 Weeks Later...

"Are you coming or not?" I ask my husband, David.

"Baby, the-."

"Fuck it." I walk out of the house. He's never around when I need him. I go to my appointment alone, again, and sigh.

"Kelly, welcome back." Dr. Knowles greets me.