Chapter 13

After a few hours school was finally over. I couldn't wait to leave that God damned building. My mom had asked me to buy some things to buy from supermarket. But I was actually scared to go to town again. After what happened the last time. But I wouldn't tell her.
I was about to leave the school but Maeve called me.
"Liz. Can you give me a ride?" Maeve asked me.
"Sure but why?" I asked Maeve.
"My car just broke." Maeve replied.
"Okay but I need to go buy a few groceries for my mom." I said.
"That's okay with me." Maeve replied.

We went to the supermarket and I bought everything.
"You got everything?" Maeve asked me.
"Yep." I replied.
But suddenly I noticed a beautiful dress in another store. That was really eye-catching.
"Oh..?" I said.
"Hhm?" Maeve said.
"That looks cute." I said with a jumpy smile.
"Are you serious?" Maeve asked me.
"Let's go, I'll be quick." I said and went to that store.
Maeve didn't like these girly things, but she had to go with me. So she came. That store had some beautiful clothing lines, I guess.
"Maeve, I'm quickly gonna try this on , okay?" I said and went to the trial room.
"I should've just walked.
Why is she even asking me!?" Maeve thinking.
I tried that dress on and it was a little tight for me. I needed a little bigger one I guess.
"Max!!!
I need that dress a size bigger!" I asked Maeve for a bigger size. But Maeve didn't reply.
"Where's she?" I was thinking.
I took off that dress, now I was in my underwear, when I noticed a strange smell.
"What smell is this? Some aftershave!?" I thought.
Suddenly a man held my hands from my back.
"You know you look better without the dress on." That man said.
And in a minute that man just disappeared.
"Who was that?!" I screamed loudly.
Maeve heard my voice and came in instantly.
"What happened?? Liz???" Maeve asked me worriedly.
"I don't know. But someone was in here." I answered.
"What?? Who??" Maeve asked.
"I've no idea. I couldn't see his face." I replied.
"If you see that bastard again, Call me immediately. I'm gonna take mincemeat out of him." Maeve said.
"Will do. Let's drive home, I don't wanna stay here any longer. Can you stay here while I change?" I said.
"Of course." Maeve agreed.

After I drove Maeve home all of my emotions finally hit me.
Why did this happen to me?
Am I some sort of creep magnet!?
But all this started happening since we've moved to this town. I felt like I was cursed since then.

It's already the next day now. I woke up early and got ready for school. I went downstairs, I saw mom was watching TV.
"Morning." I greeted mom.
"Good morning, angel.
I made you some breakfast." Mom replied with a smiley face.
"Thank You, Mom." I thanked her.
I ate breakfast.
"We have some breaking news. Another murder just happened. The police reports that it is probably another animal attack. We'll keep you updated on further events!" The newscaster on TV was saying.
"If you don't want to be late, you need to hurry up." Mom said to me.
"Ohh yes! Bye Mom." I said.
"Have fun sweetheart." Mom replied.
I went to school, it was like other regular days, boring and exhausting. After a few hours of school, it was time for Mr. Smith's lessons, where I and Jack used to sit together.
I was inside the class, sitting on my seat. After a while Jack came in and sat next to me. Ian also came and sat with his seatmate.
"Hey you!
You look tired…" Jack said.
"That's what school does to you." I replied.
"For sure? You look kinda sick… I'm just worried." Jack said with his sweet concerned tone.
To be honest I didn't sleep much last night. I kept thinking about the creepy guy from yesterday. And how close he was…
"It's nothing really." I replied.
"You can tell me. I'm here for you." Jack said.
Jack was sweet and a pure person, who cared about me and respected me.
"Geez thanks. That's what a girl wants to hear." I said.
"So?" Jack said.
"Maeve and I went shopping yesterday after school. I was trying on a dress in the changing room. And then suddenly a guy was behind me." I explained yesterday's incident.
"What!?" Jack said.
"Yes, kinda creepy." I said.
"That's gross. Did you see him?" Jack asked me.
"No. And I'm not even sure if I want to see his face." I replied.
"You should've reported it to the police." Jack said with his serious look.
"But I didn't even see anything. What was I supposed to say?" I said.
"Still. That's sexual harassment." Jack said.
"Well luckily nothing happened. Don't pull that face now." I said.
"Sorry I can't help it. That someone does shit like that." Jack said he was so concerned and serious about it.

After class was over, Jack and I were in the school's corridor. That's when Ian came to me.
"Hey Varon! We need to talk." Ian said to me.
I mean after all that , how could he think that I was gonna talk with him?
"No thanks." I replied to Ian.
"Let's go." I said to Jack.
But before I went Ian held my hand and stopped me.
"I said we need to talk." Ian said, holding my hand.
"Let go of me!" I said angrily.
"No." Ian said with a cool smile.
"Let her go." Jack said angrily.
"And what if I don't huh?
You wanna punch me kid?" Ian teased Jack.
"Maybe then I'll be forced to do that." Jack said with a serious look.
"That's the funniest thing I've heard. Come with me, Varon." Ian said with a smile on his face.
"She said she doesn't want to." Jack defended me.
"You should tell your loverboy to shut his mouth otherwise I'm not being nice to him" Ian said.
"You're being nice right now?" I asked surprisingly.
"This is the nicest you'll ever see me." Ian said with his cool smile.
Everyone was looking at the three of us. I didn't want to create a scene or make a drama.
"It's okay, Jack. I'll manage." I said to Jack.
"You sure?" Jack asked me.
"Yes." I replied to Jack.
So Jack left from there.
"What do you want?" I asked Ian.
"Tell me about yesterday." Ian said.
"What do you mean?" I asked him confusingly.
"Something happened to you. Tell me about that." Ian said.
That's strange, cause I never told him nor he was that close in class that he could hear our conversation.
"How do you know? I never told you." I asked Ian.
"I heard you in class earlier." Ian replied.
"How? Your table was far away from mine." I said.
"You talk loudly okay. Now stop asking questions and just answer mine." Ian impatiently said, like he was demanding the answer.
Ian was so freaking bossy, and I hated that. I knew that I wasn't talking loudly.

- To Be Continued -