Chapter 37

In the lunch break, me, Jack, Finn, Maeve, Cole and Billy were sitting together. Elijah came and sat with us.
"So… uhm…
Elijah right?" Jack said.
"Yep, that's me." Elijah replied.
"You and Liz are friends?" Jack asked Elijah.
"Yes." Elijah said.
"No." I said.
"How do you two know each other?" Cole asked.
"That's a funny story…" Elijah said.
"We don't wanna tell.
Ehm… I mean it's boring.
Our moms are High school friends." I replied.
"Oh, so you two are like childhood friends." Jack said.
"No, we're not! We just met." I said.
"But we are already super close!" Elijah said with his chubby smile.
"I don't like him." Maeve said, pointing to Elijah.
"You're usually supposed to say these things when that person isn't around." Billy said to Maeve.
"I prefer it like this." Maeve replied.
"Maeve. Right?" Elijah said to Maeve.
"Right." Maeve replied.
"You look so cute like a little doll! I wanna cuddle you!" Elijah said to Maeve. I mean no one dared to talk like that to Maeve.
"That motherfucker is dead." Maeve said to Elijah.
"Hm?" Elijah said.
"Please don't ever say this again." I warned Elijah.
"Liz, don't worry.
I mean I could cuddle her anyway." Elijah said.
During the sports session, we were at the playground. Elijah showed everyone his incredible Vampires move. Only if they knew!!! Everyone was impressed by him. All the girls were adoring Elijah.
"Wow… he's so awesome." A girl said.
"He's like the second Ian." Another girl said.
"Yoohoo… Liz! Did I impress you? Are you head over heels for me?" Elijah screamed from his side to me. And everyone started me.

School was over. I was driving home. That was probably one of the most exhausting days in my life. And that was big of me to say, as every single day has been a rollercoaster since I moved. Elijah was special. I was supposed to be afraid of him but he acted like a crazy little puppy. Which made it seriously hard for me to take him seriously. But I should. He was way stronger than me and could kill me within seconds. That's when I heard a voice from my next seat. It was Elijah. He startled me and I screamed.
"You drive really slow." Elijah said.
"WHAT THE FUCK…
ELIJAH???" I freaked out.
"Hi." Elijah said with that smile.
"HOW?" I asked.
"You don't make any sense, Liz!" Elijah said.
"WHY ARE YOU IN MY CAR?!" I asked Elijah.
"I was following you from behind but you drove so freaking slow. It was exhausting to run at that speed. So I thought I would just drive with you." Elijah said.
"You…" I said angrily.
We reached home. We got out of the car.
"I swear if you follow me, I'm losing it." I warned Elijah and went inside the house. When I went inside… mom was in the kitchen.
"Hi, Mom." I said.
"Hey baby.
How was school?" Mom replied.
"Exhausting." I said.
"I'm making your favourite dish right now." Mom said.
"Thank you, Mom." I thanked mom.
"Mom?" I said.
"Hm?" Mom said.
"Your friend… Veronica…" I said.
"What about her?" Mom asked.
"How much do you remember from her?" I asked mom.
"Hmm…
Not much to be honest.
It's all a little blurry. But it's been a long time since I saw her." Mom answered.
"What if your friend doesn't exist?" I asked.
"What are you talking about?" Mom said.
"What if someone made you think you went to school with her! Try to think deeper about it. Do you really know someone named Veronica?" I said.
"Liz, why are you acting so weird?
Veronica exists. I remember her clearly." Mom replied.
"What did she look like then?" I asked.
"She...um…
Wow I must've forgotten about that as well…" Mom replied and kept thinking.
"So, this mind control thing works without making everything clear. Interesting…" I was thinking.
"Anyway. I'm going back to my cooking…" Mom said.
"I'll do my homework." I said and went to my room.
I was changing my clothes. I took off my shirt and I was in my bra. And that's when Elijah came to my room and startled me.
"Wow …" Elijah said, seeing me in a bra.
"AHHH!!!!" I screamed.
"Oh my god, don't scare me like that." Elijah said.
"What the hell are you doing here?! I told you to stay away!" I said angrily.
"But it's so boring alone." Elijah said.
"Then make some friends." I said.
"You're my friend." Elijah said.
"I meant some other friends." I replied with my grumpy voice.
"But you're so fun to hang out with." Elijah said.
"Elijah. I'm in the midst of changing. You don't walk or climb or teleport into a room when a girl is changing. Or like at all." I said.
"Should I help you get out of your clothes?" Elijah asked me.
"No." I said.
"My former girlfriend liked it when I undressed her and made her…" Elijah said.
"STOP!
I don't wanna hear about that!
You wanna be friends, right?
Friends don't do stuff like that." I said.
That's when Ian also came to my room.
"You must be kidding me!?" Ian said.
"Ian!?!!!
What are you doing here?" I said.
"Why is he with you?" Ian asked angrily.
"Elijah only came by to tell me about today's homework!" I replied.
"While you're in your bra?" Ian asked me.
Shit. I completely forgot about that.
"Look. Ian bro.
This is really bad timing. I was about to make a move on, Liz. I almost had her where I wanted her to be." Elijah said to Ian.
"No, you didn't." I said to Elijah.
"Liz please.Let the adult talk for a sec.
Don't you wanna support a bro, Ian? I'll help you with some other chick too, okay? Be my wingman!" Elijah said.
At that moment the look I saw in Ian's eyes was too familiar. His eyes' ice blue colour went at least two shades darker, whereas the intensity grew even brighter. No blinking, no breathing, no movement in his body. There were only two possible meanings of this. He was either sexually aroused or Elijah was a dead meat. And I was pretty sure Elijah wasn't exactly Ian's type. So before he could kill him, I jumped.
"Don't!" I said to Ian.
"Move away, Liz." Ian said.
"No!" I replied.
"Liz." Ian said angrily.
"Ian don't!" I said.
"It will only take a few seconds, I promise. I won't make a mess. You won't even notice that somebody died here." Ian said to me.
"You're not gonna kill him, Ian!" I said.
"You're protecting me Liz?
I didn't know I could fall even harder for you." Elijah said.
"Shut up!" I said to Elijah.
"Why are you protecting him huh? Are you into him now? Were you seriously gonna let him..." Ian asked me angrily.
"NO!
And just to remind you that would've been none of your business okay." I replied Ian.
"None of my business?" Ian said.
"Right." I said.
"Right." Ian said.
"Now could you please leave my room." I said to Ian.
"Yeah." Elijah smiled and said.
"AND YOU TOO!" I said to Elijah angrily.
"But Liz?
I thought we..." Elijah said.
"Leave or I'll make you." I said to Elijah.
Then Elijah disappeared or left I guess.
"Close your window." Ian said and left.
Why did both of them have to be freaking exhausting? Was this some Vampire thing? To be a natural pain in the ass? I felt a little bad to be honest. I know Ian only wanted to protect me. But he's always so brutal! His easiness in killing somebody still terrified me somewhat. I know if it weren't for that I wouldn't be standing here now. Still. The guy really had no consciousness or whatsoever. And why the hell did that still surprise me!?
Meanwhile the vampire hunters killed so many vampires and burned them in their houses.

- To Be Continued -