Chapter 20

THe next morning I drove back home. To my disappointment I didn't see Tristan again. But maybe it was for the better. He was Maeve's older brother after all. The weekend eventually came to an end, without anything crazy happening. For once.
I didn't see or hear anything from Ian. Which was good. At least that's what I told myself. But when school started, he wasn't there either. Not on the first day. Nor the second. And when the third day passed without him, things got back to normal. No drama, no difficulties. Everything felt so much easier without him. Still… I couldn't help but miss him. Yes, for once head was not in complete chaos. But his absence also made me realise how much 'life' he brought to my life.
And then when I finally adjusted to sitting alone… he came and sat next to me.
"Hi." Ian greeted me.
"Hi. You are gone?" I said.
"Yeah, I spend time with friends." Ian replied.
"You mean hot blonde girl." I was thinking.
"I see." I said.
"Liz, I'm sorry for what happened." Ian apologized.
"What do you mean?" I asked shockingly.
"Back in the changing room.
I didn't mean to hurt you. I thought I could do this but turns out I can't." Ian replied.
"Can't do what?" I asked.
"I know it's sounds stupid but I'm really not good for you." Ian said.
"Can't I decide that for myself?" I asked.
"No, you can't.
You're special… And I don't know why." He replied.
"Thanks?" I said confusingly.
"But that's why this has to stop. I can't put your life into more danger than I already have." Ian said with a low voice.
"What do you mean by that?" I asked.
"You don't understand." Ian said.
"You can try me." I insisted.
"No, I can't." These were the last words he said before he turned his back on me.
I was angry, sad, and disappointed. In him and in myself. I didn't wanna let him affect me any longer. Turns out he still did. And that hurts.

Lesson was over. I met Maeve in the hallways.
"Hey." I said to Maeve.
"Hi. Do you wanna go to tomorrow's party?" Maeve asked me.
"What party?" I said.
"Some people from our school are throwing a party tomorrow. Basically everyone is going." Maeve replied.
I wasn't in the party mood but then again I thought it might get my thoughts off to something else...
"I'll go if you will go." Maeve insisted.
"Then I guess we'll go." I agreed.
The rest of the day passed by in a flash. I tried not to think of him or the things that he said to me. Because when I did… It hurts. I didn't see Ian the next day either. But we didn't have any classes together so that was to be expected. Still… my head turned wherever I thought he was there.
The night of the party. I got ready for the party. Maeve picked me and we went together to the party. It was a huge party.
"Wow…" I said surprisingly after seeing the party.
"I'll look for the food." Maeve said and went to search for the food.
That's when Tristan came to me.
"Hi." Tristan said.
"Oh, hey Tristan.
I didn't know you would come." I said surprisingly.
"A friend of mine is the DJ here. He asked me to come and help. " Tristan replied.
"Cool." I said.
"You look good…" Tristan complimented me after scanning me from top to bottom.
"Only good?" I asked in my flirty way.
"I'm sorry I mean insanely hot." Tristan flirted back.
"That sounds right." I said.
That's when I noticed that… Ian was also here. He was looking at me and Tristan. The same blonde girl he was together with walked beside him. I decided to show him that I didn't care. Then they talked about something and went somewhere.
"I think I need a drink." I said to Tristan.
"I'll get you one." Tristan insisted.
"No, I'll go myself but thank you." I replied and went for a drink.
I saw that blonde girl near the bar.
"What can I get you?" The bartender asked me.
"One margarita, please." I said.
The blonde girl was looking at me.
"Hi." The blonde girl said to me.
"Hi." I replied.
"You look familiar, do we know each other?" That blonde girl asked me.
"I don't think so." I replied.
"Hmm…
What is your name?" The blonde girl said.
"Liz." I said.
"I'm Kate." That blonde girl introduced herself.
"Are you from this school?" I asked her and she laughed hearing this. How was that funny!!
"No, I'm here with my boyfriend. He's taking a smoke right now." Kate replied.
"Oh." I said.
That's when Ian came to us.
"Oh, hi." Ian said to me.
"Hi." I replied.
"C'mon let's go." Ian said to Kate.
"Bye Liz." Kate said and they left.
Ian had a girlfriend!! I felt so stupid. But then he could've told me. It's not like he was innocent either. Why did that guy have this power to let me feel extremely high and then like I'm at my lowest.
That's when Maeve came to me.
"Whatcha doing?" Maeve asked me.
"Having a drink. What's up?" I said.
"This is kinda awkward… you see this guy over there?" Maeve showed a guy.
"Yeah… " I replied.
"Well he likes horror… I like horror… And so there happens to be a horror movie event at the cinema." Maeve said hesitatingly.
"And you wanna go?" I asked her.
"Only if it's okay with you?
I already asked Tristan if he could take you home and he said yes. But if that's not okay then I won't go." Maeve said.
"No no, go Maeve! I'm fine." I agreed.
"But call me if anything's wrong." Maeve said.
"I will. Have fun." I replied.
After that I decided to enjoy the party. And went to eat, drink and dance. Some time later I was totally having fun, dancing. And that's when Tristan came to me.
"Hey, I'm still going over my friends place, do you wanna tag along? Or I could take you directly home?" Tristan asked me.
"What are we going there?" I said.
"Just hangout and chill." Tristan said.
"Okay I'll come with you." I agreed.
"Great. They're already waiting outside." Tristan said.

Then we went outside to his friends. I saw Ian and Kate were also with them.
"What are you doing here?" Ian asked me angrily.
"That's none of your business." I replied.
"You are not going with us." Ian said strictly to me.
"That's not for you to decide, Ian." I said.
"Trust me, this is nothing for you." Ian said with his deep voice.
"And how would you know that?" I asked Ian.
"I just know. You should go home." Ian said.
"Sorry but I'm not going home." I said.
"Everything is okay?" Tristan asked me and Ian.
"She shouldn't come, she's too young." Ian suggested Tristan.
"Excuse me, we're the same age." I said.
"I'll take care of her." Tristan said.
"You think you can?" Ian asked Tristan.
"I do." Tristan answered.
"Whatever." Ian said.
Ian was pretty upset that I was coming with them.
"I didn't know you and Ian know each other." Tristan said.
"We're just in the same class, nothing more." I replied to Tristan.
"C'mon let's go." Tristan said.

- To Be Continued -