Chapter 33

It felt weird being in his room. In his BEDROOM. The last time I was here, I got… well not  something I wanna remember. Ian had told me to wait here while he got charged. A small part of me was kinda disappointed that he would put on some clothes. I know I asked him to but… well whatever. Let's not think about all those hot spots.
"Yes, his naked upper body was very muscular. Yes, his skin looked very perfect. Yes, I still saw some water drops dripping down his chest to his…
No, I didn't imagine what was underneath the bath towel. Because that was obviously making me a pervert… which I was not." I was thinking.
"Wow, I wish I could read your mind right now. You look like you're figuring out how to solve word pieces." Ian said. Well that was close.
"You know you don't have to awkwardly stand in the middle of my room. You can sit on my bed." Ian said to me.
"No, thank you." I denied.
"I won't attack you, Liz.
Neither out of hunger nor sexually." Ian said. That sexual part actually hitted me.
"Can we please start talking?" I said.
"Sure." Ian said and sat on his bed.
"Now it's even more awkward when I keep standing." I said.
"Then sit down." Ian replied.
I just rolled my eyes and sat on the bed.
"Ask me." Ian said.
"Uhm... okay the most important thing first. Will I turn into a VAMPIRE now that you bit me?" I asked but hearing this Ian laughed.
"That's not funny, Ian!" I said.
"I'm sorry.
You won't." Ian answered.
"NO??" I said.
"Nope." Ian replied.
"Why not?
In all the books I've read and in all the movies I've watched they turn into a Vampire after they get bitten." I said.
"Yeah but this is not a movie nor a book. You don't just turn into a Vampire once you're bitten.
Only certain vampires can make you one." Ian replied.
"Only certain?" I said.
"Pureblood vampires to be more specific." Ian said.
"Pureblood?" I asked.
"Vampires coexist in two different species. Halfblood and Pureblood. Halfblood vampires once had human blood in their bloodline.
Pureblood vampires whereas have Vampire blood only in their system. They're way more powerful than halfbloods. And only if you're bitten by them you can turn into a Vampire." Ian explained.
"So… you're a halfblood vampire?" I asked.
"No, I'm a Pureblood Vampire." Ian replied.
"But you told me I won't turn into one??!" I asked.
"Right.
To turn into a Vampire you should've drank from my blood as well. Only then you turn into one. We both must have each other's blood in our systems." Ian explained.
"Ugh that's DISGUSTING.
How's even that possible for a human to do?" I said.
"You'd be surprised by how many are willing to drink Vampire blood." Ian said.
"Did you ever let… someone drink from you?" I asked Ian.
"No.
But there have been enough people who wanted to." Ian answered.
"Why didn't you let them?" I asked.
"Because it's a lot of responsibility. You can't just turn someone into a Vampire and that's it. You basically give that person unlimited powers. And humans and vampires tend to abuse those." Ian replied.
"Who were those dead people in your living room? And why did they try to kill you?" I asked.
"When there are Vampires there're hunters as well." Ian answered.
"Vampire Hunters?" I said shockingly.
"They despise our existence. Want us all gone. Such a pain in the ass if you ask me." Ian replied.
"How many are they?" I asked.
"Too many. And they grow fast.
We are a superior species. And humans are pretty arrogant. They don't like having someone stronger and more powerful around." Ian said.
"And because we are your main course, maybe." I replied.
"Yeah that's a factor as well, I guess." Ian said.
"Are there any other Vampires at our school? Besides you I mean..." I asked.
"No, there are none. I would know. Vampires tend to shut themselves from society." Ian answered.
"That's not what I experienced though." I replied.
"Of course, there are others who fully embrace their nature. But since the hunters arrived everybody's kinda tensed. They took down a lot of us." Ian explained.
"Does anybody know about you?" I asked.
"Yes.
Daniel Bennett knows." Ian answered.
"WHAT??
You told her!?" I said shockingly.
"Not really." Ian said.
"What does that mean?" I said.
"Hmm." Ian said.
"Ian?" I said.
We stared at each other.
"I once drank from her." Ian said.
"YOU WHAT?!" I said.
"It was a long time ago. I still hadn't that much control over my urges." Ian replied.
"So you bit her?" I said.
"Yes.
But probably I shouldn't have." Ian said.
"Why not?" I asked.
"Once you drink from someone, they tend to get addicted." Ian replied.
"Addicted to what?" I asked.
"Me drinking from them." Ian answered.
"Are you serious? That hurt like hell. Who wants to do this by choice!?" I said.
"I could actually make this really pleasurable for you. You wouldn't even feel the pain, it'd feel good for you." Ian replied.
"And why the hell didn't you do this trick with me?" I asked.
"Because I was way too weak.
I didn't have the power to numb your pain." Ian said.
"Why didn't you just erase her memory?" I asked.
"Because she helped me a lot in the past. I was being very reckless. Didn't care if people found out. Thanks to her, a lot of my actions went unnoticed." Ian replied.
"So, you're using her?" I asked.
"Basically." Ian answered.
"You said you used your mind Power on me. What did you make me do?" I asked.
"You didn't do anything, Liz.
I… tried to use them on you on the first night we met. And then at the party. I wanted to make you forget everything you've seen." Ian replied.
"But?" I said.
"But they didn't work on you." Ian said.
"What does that mean?" I asked.
"I wish I knew.
It doesn't make any sense to me, this never happened before." Ian replied.
"That's why you said I'm special?" I said.
"Yes." Ian agreed.
"I won't tell anyone, Ian. You have my word." I promised.
Images from bloody Ian went through my head. Hell, I didn't like all of this. But I wouldn't put that kinda danger on him again. Vampire or not. That was just brutal.
"Thank you." Ian thanked me.
"But I need distance.
From you, from everything about this. This is messing with my head so bad." I said.
For only a millisecond I saw something like disappointment flooding through his eyes. The corner of his mother turned slightly downwards.
"Alright." Ian agreed.
"I'll go now…
And Ian…
I'm sorry for what happened to Dimitri." I said.
"I'm fine." Ian replied.
Hearing this obvious lie from someone else made it sound even more ridiculous.
"Goodbye." I said.
"Goodbye, Princess." Ian replied.
Then I went home. I finally got all the information I wanted. And now I felt like my brain was about to explode. I was relieved to know that I wouldn't turn into some… Let's just say a huge weight was lifted off my shoulder. But I still needed my distance from him. At least until I've sorted everything out in my head.

- To Be Continued -