Chapter 23

After I lay in the bed again, my thoughts didn't stop from circling around Ian. Neither did my dreams. But now that I knew how reality felt like, the dream felt rather disappointing…
Meanwhile, Ian went to meet his uncle Dimitri. Who just came in town and gathered a lot of girls and sucking their bloods in an empty broken place.
"Ian!" Dimitri said in excitement.
"Uncle!" Ian said.
"I'm glad you came!" Dimitri said.
"Doesn't look like you need me!" Ian replied.
"You wanna have one?
There's enough for everyone." Dimitri offered Ian.
"No, thank you." Ian declined.
"What's that scent?
It's all over you. " Dimitri asked.
"You're imagining things." Ian said.
"Did you have fun without me? What a naughty boy!" Dimitri said.
"Why are you here?" Ian asked.
"Why are you sounds so displeased? Didn't you miss me? I got bored. You know I can't stay at one place for too long." Dimitri said.
"And you decided to come to this place?" Ian said.
"I'm here because of you, I missed you." Dimitri said.
"You didn't bother to visit me in the last decades." Ian said.
"We only have eachother. You know…" Dimitri said.
"I know…" Ian replied.

Now it's already the next day. I went school. I was nervous and excited at the same time. For the first time ever things with Ian had ended in a good way. Well not exactly my dream ending, because then we would've… Yeah let's not go that way. But for once we didn't hate each other. And we had a hot make out session. If his phone hadn't ring, we would've… That's when Maeve came to me.
"Care to share your dirty thoughts with me?" Maeve Startled me.
"What?!" I said.
"At least be a little bit more subtle, Liz. We're in school." Maeve said.
"I didn't…" I replied.
"Yeah yeah.
Did everything go well yesterday?" Maeve asked me.
"What do you mean?" I asked her.
"With Tristan?" Maeve said.
"Oh." I said.
"What else I would have meant?" Maeve said.
"I don't know!" I replied.
"You are acting more weird than usual." Maeve said.
"Hey! 'more weird than usual!'?
What's that supposed to mean?" I asked her.
"It's means that you're a little weirdo. But I like that about you.
And? Did Tristan bring you home safely?" Maeve asked me.
I didn't wanna lie to Maeve. But Tristan was her brother and I didn't wanna put him in a bad light either. And it's not like the things that happened were his fault. It was my decision to go with him. Bad decision.
"I was brought home safely.
Aaand?" I told the truth, it's not lie after all.
"What?" Maeve said.
"How was your date with horror boy?" I asked.
"Oh that …
Yeah, I don't think things will work out between us." Maeve said.
"Why not?" I said.
"He just didn't…" Maeve said.
"Turn your motor on?" I replied.
"Basically.
C'mon let's go." Maeve Said.

I went to the class. Lesson started. Ian wasn't there.
"What if he doesn't come?
But he told me he would…
Shit, since when do I care so much! He's not the centre of the universe, Liz… "
But my mood slowly became darker, when Ian was still nowhere in sight. But after a few seconds, Ian came and sat next to me.
"You came!" I said surprisingly.
"Didn't I tell you so. Were you scared I wouldn't show up? Would that have ruined your day?" Ian asked me with his teasy smile.
"You know I might actually punch you in your face when you continue to be such a jackass." I replied.
"You're really tempting me to continue. To see you trying to punch me… that would be hilarious." Ian said with a smirk.
"I told you don't underestimate me!" I said.
"Trust me I don't!
You look very dangerous. Please don't punch me. I'm sorry. I can't help it. You look kinda cute when you're angry with me." Ian said in his dramatic way.
Everyone was jealous seeing me and Ian talking like that.
After class, Ian came to me.
"Did anything happen with you acquaintance?" I asked Ian.
"Hm?" He replied confusingly.
"The phone call you got yesterday when we… you know…  " I reminded him.
"I don't really remember. When we what?... It was just a family problem, nothing big." Ian replied.
"So he's your family?" I asked.
"Yeah." Ian answered.
"I never saw your parents… don't you live together?" I asked him.
"We don't. Let's not talk about that. Hey you wanna hang out later?" Ian asked me.
"Seriously?" I said.
"No, I'm joking." He teased.
"You know it's weird that the two of us…" I said.
"Aren't fighting?" Ian replied.
"Yes. It's just unusual that you're being nice to me… " I said.
"Wow I really sounds like an asshole." Ian said.
"You are one." I replied.
"Maybe you're right.
But would you still hang out with me?" Ian asked me.
"I'm not sure…" I said.
"You're not sure?" Ian said.
"Yeah, I kinda wanna keep you in suspense because you've been so unbearable all the time." I replied.
"I'll be at your place at 8. Wear something nice." Ian said and left.

I decided to use my lunch break to inspect the school's library. I hadn't read what felt like an eternity. Too many things had kept my focus away. Suddenly Daniel came in front of me and blocked my path.
"Oh… hi!" I said to Daniel, it was kinda weird.
Daniel's face remained completely emotionless. But her eyes had so much intensity in them when they met mine. Almost as if she could see right through me. It made me nervous…
"You're Daniel right?
What do you want?" I asked her. It's a little creepy.
And without saying anything she left. Okay, nice conversation I guess.
Maeve had warned me to be careful about Daniel. And I slowly got why… That girl was creepy as fuck.
That's when Tristan texted me to meet me after school. I was a little hesitant. But eventually agreed.
After school, I went to meet Tristan at a Cafe.
"Liz…" Tristan waved at me from a table.
"Hey." Tristan said.
"Hey…" I replied.
He apologized for yesterday and I forgave him. After my conversation with Tristan, I went home to get ready to meet with Ian. I was still not sure what this was. And that made me even more nervous. I got ready. I was waiting for Ian. 10 minutes went by… 20 minutes went by… 30… when 40 minutes went by I decided to text him. Problem was that I didn't have this number. When an hour passed by, I was angry.
"What did I even expect?
He was an asshole after all. He even admitted to that. Still… I thought… that he… Those things between us had changed." I was thinking.
"I'm not gonna let myself get sad over this bastard. I'll tell him directly that he can't treat me like that." I was thinking.
So I left my room and I was on my way to his house to put him in place. I knocked on his door so many times but no one answered. So I tried to see through the window, but everything was so dark inside the house. After a few minutes someone opened the door and startled me, that person wasn't Ian.
"Who are you?" I asked him.
"I'm Dimitri, nice to meet you." Dimitri said.
"I mean why are you coming out of Ian's house?" I asked Dimitri.
"Oh. I'm his uncle." Dimitri replied.
"Oh…" I replied.
"Are you Ian's girlfriend?" Dimitri asked me.
"What? No!" I said.
"Hmm… " Dimitri said.
"Is he home?" I asked him.
"No. But you can wait for him inside if you want." Dimitri insisted.
"Umm…" I was hesitating.
"It's cold outside, you don't wanna catch a cold, do you? C'mon in." Dimitri said with that weird smile.
So, I went inside the house with Dimitri.

- To Be Continued -