Chapter 10

After coming home, I asked mom about the party.
"Mom!!" I called.
"I'm in the kitchen." Mom replied.
I went to the kitchen.
"What's wrong?" Mom asked.
"I need to ask you something and please don't freak out okay?" I said hesitatingly.
"Ask me." Mom said.
"There's this party today… and some of my friends are going. And they asked me if I'd come along. Can I go?" I asked.
"What kind of party is that?" Mom asked.
"Just some school party… everyone my age…" I replied.
I mean, I guess so.
"No alcohol!?" Mom strictly said.
"Of course!" I replied immediately with a jumpy smile.
"Then okay." Mom agreed.
"Thank You, Mom." I thanked.
"Go do dishes." Mom said.
"Why? No!" I said.
"No?" Mom stared at me.
"I'll do it." I agreed.
Guess, it was the price for the party. I washed all the dishes as soon as possible. Now it's time for the party. I wore my sexy-party-chic dress. I was ready. Then I heard a car's sound.
"This must be Maeve." And I went outside.
Yes it was Maeve. I went to the party with her. I saw it was a huge party. Most of the school students were there.
"Wow!!" I said.
"I'm going, bye." Maeve said and left.
She just left me alone there.
"Of Course she goes-off.
And I thought we'd become closer." I was thinking.

A strange boy came to me.
"Hey beautiful. Why so lonely?" That strange boy said.
"I just came here." I replied.
"I'm lucky then, I'm Ricky." That boy introduced himself.
"Hi Ricky." I said.
"Wow, you look really hot.
That face, that body." Ricky tried to flirt with me.
I felt quite uncomfortable. He was obviously some dude who was only interested in one thing. That's why, he didn't even ask my name. But I had promised myself to be as social as possible.
"Thank You, Ricky" I said.
"Hey you wanna dance, doll?" Ricky asked me.
"Maybe some time later…" I tried to deny it.
"Don't pretend like you don't want to." Ricky said.
"Excuse me?" I said.
"Just come with me." Ricky was forcing me.
But that's when Jack came and saved me from this psycho Ricky.
"Hey, back off!!" Jack warned Ricky.
"And who are you little boy?" Ricky asked Jack.
"That's none of your business.
Just leave her alone. She's here with me." Jack said angrily.
"How boring." Ricky said and left.
"Are you okay, Liz?" Jack asked me.
"Yes. Thank You." I thanked Jack.
"That goes without saying. I've looked everywhere for you." Jack said.
"We just arrived." I replied.
"We?" Jack said.
"Maeve and I came together." I replied.
"Well that's unexpected…" Jack said with that weird look.
"Anyway you wanna drink something?" Jack asked me.
"Sure, but no alcohol for me." I answered.
"Gotcha, I will be right back." Jack said and left.

When I looked over the crowd of people, I noticed something, or more like someone.
Ian? Maybe… I could feel the same presence from a person. The same I felt with Ian. I didn't see that person's face. Without really noticing I followed that guy. That person went outside, so I am following him. Suddenly he disappeared.
"Where is he?
I shouldn't be alone outside, I learned my lesson." I was thinking.
I was alone outside. Suddenly, that person came in front of me. Okay… that was creepy. That was not Ian. But what did that guy on him that reminds me so much of him?
Not only Ian, that creepy guy from that night also had the same presence. Wait did this mean… that this guy was also some… Monster.
"no no no no no…" I freaked out.
Be he do something, I had to do anything. That person started moving towards me.
"Stay where you are!!!" I warned that man.
That man stopped. Then he seemed scared and went away. I couldn't believe that I scared him away. I mean… Bravo, Liz.
"Wow, I didn't think that would be so easy… I'm more intimidating than I thought." I was thinking.
All of a sudden a voice surprised me from my back. It was IAN.
"What are you doing here?" Ian asked me.
"OMG, don't scare me like that." I said.
"What are you doing here?" Ian asked me again.
I didn't know when Ian was standing behind me. Maybe that man walked or scared away because of him.
"I thought I saw someone I knew." I said.
"Don't be so reckless.
Someone like you shouldn't be alone here." Ian said with his concerned serious expression.
"I can take care of myself." I replied smartly.
"Obviously not. Don't be so stupid." Ian said with those angry expressions now.
"Why are you treating me like that? What did I ever do to you?" I asked.
"This has nothing to do with you." Ian replied with a mysterious smile.
"Why are you here anyways?
You don't seem like the type to hangout with people and party!" I asked him.
"You know nothing about me." He said with his seriously mysterious expression.
"Or more like you wish that. That was you that night. Stop pretending like you don't know. I'm right… aren't I?" I said confidently.
After listening to me, he was just silent. His eyes never left mine. His body didn't move at all. He kept looking at me and came closer.
Was he even breathing? Fear rushed through my body. What did I get myself into?
Even if I was right about him, I wasn't able to do anything. As he said before. He was double the size of me and could easily finish me with one punch.
"I… I … mean that's totally okay with me…" I had to say something because he was silent.

His eyes were watching me with such an intensity that my body couldn't move an inch. That was the same stare I got that night. As if he was trying to do something.
"Forget everything you know about me." Ian widened his eyes and said.
Like he was trying to hypnotism or some mojo to make me forget about everything, but it didn't work on me, later he found out.
"What? No." I replied.
"I was right." He said with his super serious voice.
"About what?" I asked.
"Don't ever be alone at night, Liz?" Ian said with a concerned tone.
My heart stuck for a second. That was the first time he'd actually called me by my name. Why did my heart go crazy? To him?
"Okay…" I agreed.
Then his eyes got intense again. My breathing got irregular, my heart was beating faster. He came closer to me. I had to look up to meet his eyes. He was looking down at me.
"What's wrong?" I asked him.
His eyes moved down my lips again.
"Shit… is he going to kiss me!?" I was thinking.
His hand moved to the side of my face, and then he slowly lowered his lips to mine…

               - To Be Continued -