1. Void of emotions

Y/N'S POV

Around midnight it was thundering outside with heavy rain, a perfect scenario for dinner. My husband planned for the dinner and that weather was making it more lovable but unfortunately I wasn't his date.

I was in my bedroom with lights turned off and curtains blowing with the wind coming from the window. Damping myself from the few raindrops I was dancing with the white office shirt of him which still had his scent. I missed him, especially on my birthday but he did not wished me.

Turning around in the room I was swirling with the soft music until it came to an end and a tear rolled down my eyes. A smirk of sorrow crept on my lips as I wiped the tear off and throwing the shirt on bed I leaned onto the window with extended arms to feel the rain. I further bent and felt the raindrops on my face.

It was fun as well as soothing to get rid of the stinging pain on my cheeks. Few hours back he slapped me for discovering a reservation card on his name but stupid me, thought it was a surprise gift for me. He warned me to never go through his belongings again and I agreed.

Even I don't know why I was clutching his shirt and dancing with it.

I sighed and rolled down on the bed, not caring if it would get soak because life couldn't be more hard. Staring at the ceiling I was zoned out until the clock striked twelve at midnight. And my so called birthday went away.

I shook my head and went downstairs, as excepted all the lights were off as no one was there in the whole house except me. On usual days I might get scared of ghosts but the grief in me was gradually swallowing me. I deep exhaled and tried to smile but couldn't. He would again spend the night with her.

He was in a relationship with the top model, Hyun Yubin. Of course, she was the ideal of almost every men. They all wanted to get into her pants but she was secretly engaged to my husband, Jeon Jungkook.

Yeah, that typical young billionaire who would get his lineage after one year anniversary of our marriage, as it was said in the documents made by his father. His parents and my parents were high school friends and that's how they they arranged us in marriage. My father's company was struggling and he was constantly being diagnosed. He was at the stage 3 heat disease. He was at the verge of death and wanted me to get married so I didn't had an option but when I had the blind date with Jungkook he had also brought Yubin with him.

He told me how much serious he was in relationship with Yubin and wanted to spend his whole life with him. She too asked for understanding and said," I know you must be liking my handsome boyfriend but I would suggest you to not lay your hands on him. He is mine."

She acted all sweet in front of him but when he went to pay, she fisted my hair and warned me."Hello again, ugly! I never thought after so many years I'll see you again. Don't you remember how I threw you over the hot metal rod? Don't you see this strike of scar on your face? A preety ugly scar that I gave you in elementary school." She traced her fingers over the scar from the eyebrow to my upper cheek before yanking me away. She sat, flipping her hair and said, "Stay away from him, Min Y/N or I'll make you regret your whole existence."

When Jungkook came back she left with him. No one listened to what I had to say, no one even asked if I was okay. I sobbed until night when I went home. My parents were eagerly waiting for my answer and I said, "Yes."

They were happy but I wasn't. I slammed the door of the bathroom and cried. I really fell for him on first sight and really wondered how would it would feel if I were on her place. Him pecking me or even holding my hand every single time.

Looking up in the mirror I looked at my reflection and tried to smile but broke down to tears. I was supposed to say no but my parents were the top most priority for me. I couldn't afford to lose my father and see his hard works getting crushed to nothing. His health was also important that I didn't wanted to risk so I had to say yes for the sake of the family even if I knew what was coming.

From that time to now, that couple made out in front of me. Yubin always had a smirk on her face while kissing Jungkook while I just stared at them. I didn't felt anger because I knew I wasn't compatible for him but once in a while I wanted him to stay with me, even we don't act like a couple but at least as friends I wanted him.

After eating the cake I cutted I placed the last piece in the refrigerator to eat tomorrow. I filled the bottle with water and came back to the bedroom and slept.

It was around two after midnight when the doors clicked and I woke up to check who was there. I came down and found Jungkook and Yubin stripping themselves while making their way to Jungkook's room. I swear, she did that to make me jealous and I knew she would bully me tomorrow along with him to make me leave but how stubborn of me I didn't left.

Instead of roaming on roads I preferred to stay and tackle her. It was better than letting my parents know in what state I was living.

I saw them slamming the door and the again like every night their moans and groans aroused in the house.

I went back and plugged the earphones having hard rock song. I forced my eyes shut and covering the ear with the pillow I drifted to slumber.

I woke up early to cook the breakfast. I knew Jungkook would go office at eight so I woke up at six thirty and within half an hour I was in the kitchen cooking. It was peaceful though, none of the unholy breathing was heard, just me with earphones humming with the flow of music.

A creak was heard and I knew who it was. He came down in his boxers and went straight to the refrigerator, taking out the last piece of cake he ate it. He licked his fingers without realising he still tasted the birthday cake I baked for myself.

I sighed without even looking at him as I knew he would do nothing but to scold me of how much I was drooling over him that I agreed to marry him.

He was a tease. He knew Yubin would be sleeping and it was the best time for him to get on my nerves with his pervert horny side. Trust me, he didn't loved me but lusted, though he never touched me. He just liked to see how much patience I had to control myself from him.

It would be a lie if I said he wasn't attractive with those muscular body and cute with his bunny smile but I knew once that girl sleeping upstairs would find it then it wouldn't take her a second to try burn my fingers over the stove and he would do nothing but enjoy the whole drama.

Why wouldn't he help me when I was the one to ruin his relationship? He did warned me and confessed after the vows how much he hated me and would never let me be at peace but that didn't made him bad. When she tried to burn my hand, he always pulled her back and then she left with him to his room.

I sighed serving the breakfast on the plate for myself because they would most probably eat outside. He generally slept at her place but looks like she remembered it was my birthday that's why she dragged him here without telling him.

At least someone did remember my birthday.

After an hour I looked at Jungkook who tugged her hand in his and walked out of the house. I sighed and finished the meal. Standing up I threw all the leftovers. I really hated to throw food but it wasn't often. It only occurred when he seldom came here.

He came here only when he had urgent meetings as this place was closer to his company, later spent all his time with her. But I was grateful for those meeting days because he used to eat my cooking.

Even when he came here with her I made him food, hoping if he would stop and eat it together with me but it never happened in her presence.

Usually, I had to eat his share to not let the food get wasted but today I didn't had the mood to stuff myself with the untouched leftovers. I felt nothing, no emotions. Neither happy nor sad of how I was left alone, again.