32. Protection in captivation

Y/N'S POV

"Why your health is going down? Eat your diet on time and take the prescribed medicines." I genuinely scolded eomma with concern.

"Enough of me. Tell me how's life going for you? Is Jungkook treating you right?" I hummed because I didn't had words to say a lie while face timing her. She seemed cheerful from the other side of the phone which I didn't wanted to ruin. She said," I know you're lying. I am your eomma and you give that insincere 'hmm' when you are lost. I am worried about you..."

"He is just not home yet. Everything is fine, we are fine. Don-" I got cut off when a pair of arms got wrapped around my waist as a head got rested on my shoulder. "We are great, Mrs. Min. Don't stress yourself, I love Y/N more than myself." He pecked my cheeks in a playful manner while I froze.

I said to myself that this act was only for eomma, so I let him take control. He was helping and I didn't had a loss in that.

He realised I wasn't pushing him. Thus, he tightly caged me to his embrace and smiled cheekily. He took the opportunity and talked with eomma while resting his chin throughout the call.

"Okay, I'll leave you, lovebirds and get myself some food. Bye children, Make me a grandma." She brimmed a grin while Jungkook pecked my lips. I waved her a goodbye as he started taking advantage.

Once I cut the call, I pulled away so he would stop kissing my neck. I said, " Thank you but we are done." He chuckled to himself in pity then said," I hope we could've done that without an excuse." With heavy steps he climbed the stairs and closed the door after entering his bedroom.

I plopped onto the couch. Holding temple I groaned with annoyance along with a guilt of being that rude. Just because he poked me didn't meant I would do the same. I wasn't that evil. Nope. I only wanted to maintain a distance to restrict my stupid heart yet I took it far.

It was evening when the door bell rang. I stood up to open the door and got the biggest surprise of lifetime. I trembled with fear and gulped the lump of saliva before stumbling backwards.

Crazy, isn't it? The sister who was supposed to be in Jeju is currently living with her ex-husband." He tilted his head with a stern face, waiting for an answer but I didn't said a word. "Speak up! Didn't you agreed to stay at the island? Why. Are. You. Here?"

I looked into his eyes, timidly. I didn't had courage to tell him that Jungkook had threatened me. He might tell eomma about the attempt to divorce and I couldn't risk anything. I seemed stupid from his point of view but I knew what I was doing. Enduring. Until her conditions become stable to accept the reality.

"I discovered that we aren't divorced. He never signed the papers and that still hold his title."

He frowned and said," You could've asked me force him sign but what was the need to come here? Even if you wanted to come back I could have arranged you a condo or maybe you could stay with eomma but why him?!"

"I have a reason. I just need time."

He held my shoulders and shook me. "Are you out of your mind? Don't turn a blind eye in everything he did to you. Everyone of us tried hard to cover your location yet you threw yourself in lion's cage. Let's go back." He held my wrist and pulled me along with him but I yanked his hand.