43. Chase

When I came back from the restroom I saw Chaerin sitting on Y/N's lap while Shinji was sitting on my chair.

"Baby, leave Ms. Min. You are not supposed to throw tantrum on her." Y/N's secretary tried to detach her daughter from Y/N but Chaerin hugged her tightly and started crying. Y/N immediately shushed her and dismissed her secretary since she didn't mind taking care of a little girl.

I made eye contact with Chaerin who unexpectedly winked at me. I was stunned as I straddled towards them. "Go away, he came back. It's his place." Chaerin really insulted Shinji who clenched her jaw and suppressed herself from yelling in front of others.

Y/N caressed her head and said,"Good girls don't talk like that and you are a big girl, you should respect your elders." She tried to push Shinji although she didn't left. "She is an oldie." The girl showed her tongue to that woman and ran to Jimin who was fast enough to distract her with candy.

"Sorry, unnie you know she's a kid. Kids are innocent." Y/N pouted with doe eyes but Shinji placed her palm over Y/N's hand and said,"I understand." I clenched my jaw and matched towards her and pulled the chair on which she was sitting on.

Her hands immediately left Y/N's and clutched onto the chair for support and balance. She looked up, meeting my gaze and I said,"You shouldn't take someone else's place." I mocked her with a smile and she sent a glare.

"I know you won't mind" She said with a raised eyebrow which boiled my blood much more. Thankfully, Yoongi cleared his throat and said," You can sit next to me. Jungkook and Y/N have a lot of things to discuss, we shouldn't distrub them."

She hated to leave but she did. The last thing she wanted was to get in other's bad book and the way her persistent was showing up was enhancing Y/N's suspiciousness.

I again sat next to her and talked about the minor things we had to discuss because we decided to keep the major contract dealing a private sessions, which had to be discussed between us two in an enclosed area.

When we came out of the building where Shinji bid farewell. Not like I cared but her mere presence was fuming me.

Y/N sighed when that wit h drove away and looked at me. She said," I'll be coming to Seoul in a week and I hope we could continue the deal from then on.." I nodded watching her smile before she made her away in Taehyung's car.

Jimin tapped my shoulder, giving a side hig as the car disappeared from the field of view. The sun was setting down and I felt like a zombie.

"I'd like to be alone. Call me if necessary." Jimin nodded as I got myself a cab and told the driver to drive me to a sunset point. He dropped me at the destination where orange leaves were covering the paved path and cold breeze brushed my skin under the hue of pink.

I pressed against the boundary, looking over the city while the sun in its massive size was diminishing beyond the horizon. I sigh escaped my lips before tightly gripping the metal bar. Tomorrow I would go back to Seoul, making this my last day in Daegu.

It was dramatic how everyone except me had access to the girl I loved but she thought of me as a stranger. There's no word to describe the depth of love for her, not even 'love' itself.

I took a deep breath then looked at the darkness covering the sky and moon gracing with its companions. It was beautiful, looking at the colorful lights lit up around the city at night while I stood at the shady corner. I stepped back while looking at the view.

Suddenly a high pitched voice was heard and that's when I realised I stepped on a dog's tail. Horror crept over my body and I gulped knowing how it was showing it's sharp pointed teeth, growling with deep vibration that sent shivers down my spine. It was similar to a wolf's growl.

Then what?

I ran.

I ran and ran, running for my dear life. I screamed for help but the dog was still chasing me like I was it's prey. "Oh god! Please save me. I swear, from now on I'll always donate money to charity." I even started crying like a baby. Pathetic but I was terrified. That dog could tear my flesh in a blink, ignoring that later I would have to get an injection. Argh!!

I was a bush and jumped over it, running straight ahead into a park. I glanced back watching the dog jump too. What was it? A police dog or something?

That's when I clashed to someone, instinctively wrapping my arms around that person. "Help!" I pleaded.

That person was stiff and if not my panic then I would have noticed earlier that I had snuggled my head in someone's waist, tightly clinging during emergency.

A fragrance that I knew too well invaded my nostrils, calming my tense muscles and sending a wave of relief. "Dog's gone, you're safe now." I shot open my eyes. It was her. It was definitely Y/N and I was caging her in my arms.

A grin crept on my lips and I pulled her more close, snuggling my face in the crock of her neck to inhale that intoxicating body odour. A little acting won't be bad.

"No! That dog is rabid, what if it will bite me? I-I won't leave." I exclaimed before pressing my lips on her skin and not pulling back. Her hand lifted and gently brushed my hair and it would be an understatement if I said I only got goosebumps. My whole body was on fire and that stupid heart was ready to jump out.

"It's really okay. Someone coaxed it with a chocolate bar. You can relax."

I slowly pulled back and saw those mesmerizing orbs staring back with a astonished face. She cracked a laugh and tilted her head. "Oh my god! Jungkook-shi, is this you? What an coincidence, never thought we'll meet again."

She stepped back, holding my shoulder while a smile decorated her features. I rubbed my nape and said," Yeah, no one knows the future. By the way, what are you doing here?" I looked around, watching a few people in staff uniform decorating this empty area into romantic spot.

"Preparing to propose" She giggled and said," I decided to propose Taehyung for marriage."

I snapped back her. My heart dropped down in my guts and eyes at the verge of popping out. I shook my head and even massaged my eyes to get rid of whatever nightmare I was having.

"D-Does he know?" I shuttered, afraid of hearing the reply. She shook her head.

"It's a surprise. Actually, we grew up together and also dated but God knows, why he is taking so much time to ask me be his life partner? I mean we both know how much he loves me but whenever I take one step, he takes five back. He's always hesitant and worried as if he is doing something illegal."

Of course, he was. She was my wife and Taehyung knows how sinful it would be. He didn't lost any memories so he's taking precautions that our relationship would not get affected.

She turned to me with such an excitement, sparkle in her eyes that I almost collapsed from the overwhelmed sensation. She clasped her hand and said,"Do you know Jungkook-shi? I even selected my wedding dress and printed the invitation."

"You really love him that much?"

"More than myself, more than universe. He'y Taetae. That's why I sneaked out from home in casuals and travelled here to check on the arrangements but what are you doing here?"

"I.. You.. It's my last day, so I was just wondering, enjoying the city sights."

"You must be free then. Oh I am so nervous for tomorrow, Can we practice a bit? Can you take Taehyung's place? Pretty please."

I couldn't deny those puppy eyes so I agreed. She hurried to the table in the middle and picked up a rose from the case and came back to me.

She kneeled down in her sweatpants and with honey coated voice and passionate gaze she looked up in my eyes, taking my breath away. She said," I didn't knew when I fell for you. Was I the first day or the day I first felt jealous? I don't know, when my crush turned into inevitable love but it is what it is, love. I love you, baby."

She extended her rose to me and with shaky hands I took it. My eyes welled up, tears rolling down as the nose and ears turned red. I was overwhelmed with her words which were far more clear to penetrate my heart with love but then she said something that brought back the reality.

"I love you, Kim Taehyung."

[A/N]
(24.05.22)
Random update.
Vote and leave feedback.