40. Successful

I entered the building with employees bowing at me. I responded while proceeding to the elevator. It was an important day to choose a secretary for myself. All the applicants were already waiting for me in the lobby which was making me nervous.

"Good morning, Ms. Min. Are you ready?" My brother's assistant asked me and I smiled wide. "As always, excited. I wish someone genuine would apply rather than a money driven person." I pressed the button and waited for it to come down.

"Unnie!!!" That voice caught my attention. It sounded familiar with a soothing feeling. I didn't knew about that little girl running upto me but involuntarily a smile crept on my face. She hugged my leg and smile with her cute little teeth on display. Yoongi's assistant tried to detach the girl but I denied.

I squat to her height and caressed her cheeks. "Who are you little, princess?" I asked.

She frowned and said," Unnie, I'm not a princess but a pirate. Don't you remember we met in Jeju? I am Chaerin. You even gifted me your flowers." She took some worn out, dull looking petals which made my mind go numb. My sight went black and white with unknown flash of past that I didn't remembered anymore. I groaned in pain holding my temple.

That girl was pulled back by a woman in her 30s. She constantly apologized to me and scolded her daughter for running away. I stood up again with less dizziness and looked at the girl staring at me with concern.

"Are you okay?" said the girl. I nodded and looked at her mother who was covered with sweat. I passed her my handkerchief and shw gladly accepted to wipe it off. We rode the lift together when she returned it back. "Are you new here?"

She nodded and said," Yes, I registered to be Ms. Min's personal secretary but I was stuck in heavy traffic since last one hour." I glanced at her kid who was already looing at me and asked," Then why did you brought your daughter?"

She said," She is used to me and doesn't want to a babysitter. We don't have anyone in Seoul to take her care."

"Where's her father?" I asked. She said,"My husband was in army and died on border for the honor of country. We used to live with my parents in Jeju but now I decided to work again." I hummed and asked for her resume. She hesitated but ultimately gave me her biodata.

Truthfully, I was impressed with her qualifications. She was the most suitable person I looked for. "Ma'am, are you sure about it?" I looked back at the assistant and nodded my head in yes.

The doors got opened and she went out first although her child was trying to stick with me. She left with her mother when I promised to meet up after her mother's interview. They went to lobby while I went to cabin where oppa was waiting for me.

I gave him a warm hug and sat on the chair. He pinched my cheeks before I yanked his hand away. It was all playful. "I see a woman in you, my bubble."

"And you are still my sleepy meow. At least wipe that drool mark." I chuckled when his eyes widened and fingers already rubbing around his lips to erase the mess. After it all he said," Shall we start the interview?" I nodded but before that I said," I will go through the selection process although I have found someone for this job."

"Whom?"

"One of the women outside. She's a mother and her daughter... She was crazily trying to remind me of how we met at Jeju. I remember I never went to their after middle school but yet my head felt light and hurted with some blurry images flashing in my brain."

"D-Did you saw anything or got reminded of something?" I shook my head and said,"Geez! No, it was painful, I almost fainted."

"G-Good. She seems a danger. I will cancel her interview right now." I held his wrist before he could dial reception's number. "She is the one, Yoongi. And why are you acting weird? She is not a danger or are you hiding something from me?"

"Absolutely not! W-Why would I do that? You want her, don't you ? Then hire her. End of conversation." I rolled my eye snad said," Stop it right there, Mr. Unprofessional. Just because of pre-meeting I don't want to come on any conclusion. I want best and who knows if someone would beat her."

"True then let's start." He sighed and called the first one in list. We took his interview then so on. Everyone was eligible for the position but better ones cancelled out the lower ones. I was judging all along, someone had major ego or major insecurity issues.

Everyone gave their interview and now it was her chance. As soon as she entered the cabin her eyes widened but she maintained her professional look. Not bad.

The interview went well. At the end of it Yoongi announced the results and that happiness brought a huge smile on Chaerin's face. When everyone was dispersed but her mother, Mrs. Jeong.

She started working from the next hour while I took Chaerin with me in my cabin since she refused to be taken away from me. I loved kids and she was calmly playing with toys on the couch.

A knock distracted me from the documents. I said,"Come in." Shinji came in, making her way towards me and pulled me in a tight hug. "Come on, Y/N! It's the nth time I am asking you for a sleepover but everytime you get busy."

I chuckled watching her pout like a baby and said," Work comes first, you know. Maybe next time." I looked back into the papers but she closed the file and wrapped her arms around my neck.

She was dangerously close to my ear and I was uncomfortable. She was Yoongi's friend so I didn't wanted to argue, thus I sat stiff and listened to her. "You are getting way too naughtier."

My mind, heart nothing was steady. It was creepy as hell but suddenly I was detached from her as she fell down on the floor about a metre away. I saw Chaerin taking heavy breaths that was probably the result of her outmost effort to push the older away.

"Are you okay?" The little girl held my hand and looked at me with her doe eyes. I nodded and assured her that nothing was wrong. Or maybe I was lying to myself.

"What is wrong with this girl?" Shinji stood up rubbing her butt with a frowned face. "She is menace."

"No, I'm an angel and you are a devil." I immediately covered her small mouth and said," Kids are innocent. Don't take her seriously. You should get going." She was convinced but watching Chaerin throwing death glares at her, she decided to leave for now.

"Yah! Chaerin-ah how could you talk to her like that? She is elder than you." Ahe crossed her arms and went to sit on the couch. She said, "More to be included in elderly people with white hair. She was scaring you."

I giggled and went to sit next to her. She looked away but I caressed her hair and said," I am not scared. I was just confused to make a sudden decision. She has been there for me since I remembered and the first one yo take care of me after I lost a part of my memories."

"You lost your memories? Do you remember me?" I looked into her wide eyes and shook my head as no. "But I am trying to use my intuition. Redefining everyone's traits, not based on their past."

"How did you lost it?" She asked with curiosity and I said," Everyone told me I was in coma since my early twenties. My brother told me that our parents had a plane crash and now we were the only one left."

"Aren't you sacred to be alone?"

"Sometimes but my boyfriend takes care of me. After the incident in factory he was my only friend." She smiled and said," Lucky you but weren't you wearing a wedding ring the day we met? Weren't you married?"

"Married? How could I be married if I never loved anyone before Taehyung? You must've mistaken."

She instantly shook her head and said," I am not mistaken. I had seen a platinum ring while you handed me those flowers."

I was speechless and couldn't cancel her statement because of her firm voice. She was confident. "Maybe." I said to calm her nerves and asked her to accompany me to cafeteria since now it was luch break.

I treated her ice cream and enjoyed her company throughout the break but the question lingered in my mind. Who was I married to or it was only her imagination? I could never find that out because whenever I asked about those lost memories either I was denied or my mind would start aching.

"It's yummy." She exclaimed then munched on her burger and I did the same.