16. Crash landed

He exited the room with the slam of the door and I knew there was no U-turn from here. A sigh escaped my lips as I slink onto the bed, pulling the covers above me to hide myself. I didn't wanted to meet anyone anymore. I really needed rest, not physically but mentally.

Eomma didn't knew I was, here, in the hospital. She would probably be thinking that I and

Since the day of my birthday everything started to become worse that I never thought I would be standing at this point of wreckage. Though I tried my best but ultimately the future held itself very strongly.

I closed my eyes as they became wet. With numb eyes I decided to sleep because it was already night; and drifted off to slumber. Just me and myself, desiring to calm my restless mind.

It was around three o'clock in the night. The sun was yet to rise when a huge commotion outside the room broke my sleep. I sat up and wondered why loud crys and scream were held outside the room.

What was going on outside?

I uncovered myself and stepped down, barefoot on the chilled marbled floor. I gulped as the crys were much in number as if the whole hospital was in going through a huge horrific pain. Cold sweat beads formed in my forehead as I heard all the terrible screams. Holding the doorknob I exhaled before twisting it.

I opened the door and stepped out but was pushed out of the way when a person ran passed me with a strecher along with him. My eyes widened as I saw a trail of stretchers occupied by as many people as I could see. All of them were breathing heavily, drenched in their own blood while their supposed family members were fighting with the staff of hospital to provide them rooms as soon as possible but all rooms and doctors were already busy treating the other patients.

I was shocked to see the people fighting between life and death while struggling to have an operations as soon as possible. What was going on?

Avoiding the clash with anyone I reached the help desk which was already busy with the coming number of patients. Some of them had horribly lost their parts of body while some of them needed immediate treatment.

My gaze turned to a family member who begged the doctor of different department to operate his daughter though he was himself injured. My eyes welled up and involuntarily tears started falling from my eyes. I couldn't bear watching the mourns around me where people wanted their family to live before them. Everyone was panicked in their own gloominess.

My eyes landed on the television where the breaking news was getting displayed. The news announcer looked quite distressed with her firm announcement.

"Three hours ago the flight coming from Paris to Seoul, flight-322 which was being cancelled from the snow in Paris, has crash landed on the runway in Seoul airport. All the passengers are injured including the pilot and staffs present on board. Everyone is being taken to the nearest city hospital where the condition is already critical. Government has ordered the private hospitals to temporarily admit the patient in this case of emergency. All the family members are being contacted to come in the hospital to attend the patients. We, News N-365, ask everyone to calm down in this situation. Please co-operate with each other and don't panick."

A shiver ran down my spine as I stood their stiff watching everyone around me. Now I understood the reason of thier tears. I couldn't help but cry myself. I felt the pain they were having because I also lost my appa a few days back. I was familiar with the pain and hurt.

I was walking back to the room because it was unbearable to watch that. Walking across the corner of one of the operation theatre I heard a familiar groan. It was loud and scary but it felt like I knew that person from before.