39. It's been a long day

"Y/N!!!"

I jerked up, sitting straight on bed with heavy breathings. My bare body covered in cold sweat while my eyes were as wide trying to adjust to the darkness of the hotel room. Running my fingers through soaked hair I gulped a lump of saliva.

I had the same nightmare, which I was seeing since the last two years. That bullet piercing her flesh was still fresh in my mind. She still ruled my memories, every part of it because somewhere my mind and heart, both for once were longing for her warmth.

Standing up I wore a shirt and took a sip of water. No matter how much I stopped myself from coming to Korea but here I was in Daegu because Jimin forced me to personally look after this meeting. I had a business deal to conquer and those businessmen placed a proposal to meet me first. I certainly opposed because the memories I had in Seoul was too strong to neglect. He tried to convince me that we only had to stay here for a week, so I agreed.

It was around four in the evening when the door slammed open. Jimin whistled looking at me then sat on the bed. "You look hot buttoning your shirt." I chuckled then wore the suit. "Yoongi emailed the address of the company. He'll be joining us a day after tomorrow. I hope his recommendation actually hits a bullseye."

"Finger cross, let's go." I shoved the phone in pocket and left the room followed by him. We rode the car and drove it to the destination where the other side was already waiting for our arrival.

The meeting went smooth and we were finally off. Driving back Jimin found me zoning out and abruptly pulled the car. "Will you stop sighing every now and then? I know you are restless but it's been years since you are became a loner. Try to socialise."

"I talk enough." I scoffed because he was trying to constantly remind that Y/N was nothing but a past. A past which I loved to recall and live.

Jimin banged his hands on the steering wheel and said," No, you don't! You have started hallucinating about fake scenarios with Y/N. You are getting crazier day by day. I can't see you like this. Tonight yo-" He got cut off by an important call that he picked up.

The conversation was long gone as we stared driving back to the hotel. He had to visit the site of construction and I wasn't interested in it, so after he dropped me at the reception he left.

Humming a song to myself I was about to enter in the elevator when someone called my name. I turned back and saw the manager coming to me with a parcel.

"This has been delivered for you, Mr. Jeon." He gave it to me and got dispersed after a nod. I examined the brown box, nothing extraordinary.

I rode the lift and came to the floor. Closing the door behind I placed the box on table and sat on couch.

"Who could've sent me?" I unwrapped it. A white linen material brushing my fingers and when I hang it in air it had a cat printed on it. My eyes landed on a note.

Hi! Jungkookie
I hope your deal about the veterinary medicine factory get successful. All I hope is best for you, Jungkook. Take care <3

Yours Sleepy Meow,
Min Yoongi

That hyung was such a supporter and I was able to sense that giggle he would have faced while writting this note. Perhaps he was drunk and his innermost child flashed while holding the pen but I liked how playful thoughts he went me.

Certainly we had grown more closer but sometimes they act mischievous as if they were hiding something behind my back. Moreover, there was no sign of Taehyung ever since the day he last met me in the jail. I wondered where was he.