31. Game of sisters

SHINJI'S POV

Footsteps were heard beyond the door while I stood beside Yoongi.

Today, he assigned me as the model for the next advertisement. I was glad to help my friend but a little insincere too for what I was supposed to do in few moments

"Eomma's gonna love meeting you here."

I turned to Yoongi who shown me his gummy smile. Tugging a strand of hair behind my ears I licked my dried lips when the door got opened revealing the very gorgeous Mrs. Min.

"Oh hello dear. What a surprise you got me!" She wrapped her arms around me giving me hug which I returned. I pulled back and said,"You know I miss your cooking way too much."

She giggled after hitting my a playfully. "You should eat more. Ignore those contracts and stuff, I got your back." I nodded and came inside the house whereas Yoongi went up in his room to conduct a conference call.

I was sitting on the couch when Mrs. Min called me to have lunch with her. I accompanied her and ate the food which was incredibly delicious. After the luch I joined her on the couch where she offered me a scoop of ice cream.

"I am so happy to see you after years," said Mrs. Min before shoving a spoon full of cream. I said," I am overwhelmed to see you too. And I also got a gift for you."

Placing the cup on the table I scrounged in my bag and took out that lucky charm. She took it in her hands when I said," One of my friends gave it to me."

She brushed her fingers over it as her eyes got filled with tears. She glanced at with after a giving off a chuckle. "Was that friend Y/N?" For a second my eyes got slight wide but I shook my head. "N-No. She heard about you and sincerely wished you good health."

"I see. Actually, whenever Y/N or Yoongi got sick their appa used to give them this lucky charm. How fast the night changes? Once fragile child becomes the biggest support for their parents..." A lone tear fell on her lap before she wiped her cheeks with a sweet smile.

I fiddled my fingers, biting the lips in attempt to calm myself, suppressing the urge to spill everything in front of her before the perfect timing.

She continued talking about this and that while I anxiously tapped my feet against the floor, once in a while my gaze landing on the clock whereas I was waiting for Yoongi to come down.

As soon as I saw Yoongi coming down in his tshirt and sweatpants, going into the kitchen to quench his thrist. I secretly took out a packet of pills and slided it to Mrs. Min.

I said," I ordered them from Germany. It will reduce the tumor from spreading. Take two pills per day." She took it after mumbling a thank you. Yoongi was done drinking water and was going upstairs so I stood up and said,"I have something to discuss it ith Yoongi. I hope you won't mind if I excuse myself for a while, I'll be right back."

I stood up clutching the bag and followed his direction leading to his bedroom. As I stood outside the door though it was parted, I knocked on it three times. He answered," Come in."

I took a deep breath then went inside. He was standing with a file which he immediately placed away on his table.

"I have something to tell you." He raised his eyebrows and offered me to sit on the couch when I closed the door. I sat across him, biting my lips, reminding myself that it was all for Y/N's good fortune.