11. Blades of Jealousy

FLASHBACK

"Tae stop! I can't run that fast." I chased him as he ran away from me after stealing the vanilla cookies. He sticked his tongue out and said," An eight year old like you cannot catch me. Grow up, Y/N."

He again started running away while I pouted in annoyance. He always teased me. He liked it a lot nowadays that it became his habit to visit me everyday after school.

Sometimes he pulled my pigtails, sometimes called me potato yet when someone else tried to harm me he was the first person to fight with them. He was like a sunshine that blazed my life with his boxy grin but sometimes I felt like we were more than just friends.

"Hey, watch out!"

A ball got collided with my head and I was thrown on the grassy field. A girl around my age came running towards me and extended her hand. I was groaning while holding my head when I held her hand to get up.

She caressed my back. "Are you alright?" I nodded. She left out a sigh and said," I'm sorry. I am new in this neighborhood so it was my first time playing in this park. I should've been more careful.." She sulked but I looke at her and said," It's okay. You didn't did that intentionally. My name is Min Y/N. What's your name?"

She smiled cheekily showing her braced teeth." Nice to meet you. My name is Hyun Yubin." She bowed to me like a princess and I chuckled while holding my temple with physical pain on head.

I saw Taehyung running back to me with wide eyes. His fluffy hair bounced in air and eyes as mesmerizing as ever made him look like a prince out of fairytales.

He made his way back to me. He yanked my hands off my temple and gently held the spot."Yaah! I told you to not roam here and there, stick to me phabo! Look what you did to yourself, now what would I'll tell your parents?" He started blowing on the bruised spot. He was too close while blowing air, his plumpy lips were in an o-shape while I admired his care.

But I wasn't the only one who admired him that moment. That girl who hit me was also staring at him and her eyes never blinked but continued to observe Taehyung's care for me. She was awestruck by Taehyung's handsomeness.

Suddenly she crouched down and made an ouch sound. Taehyung turned to her and asked what happened. She said," A mosquito bit me." Taehyung laughed in his most adorable boxy grin while that girl kept staring at him without blinking. He inched closer to her and ruffled her hair. "You're too cute."

And that was the moment I felt a pang in my heart for the first time. I felt a bit possessive for that 'cute' word from his mouth for another girl who wasn't me.

From that day whenever I came here with Taehyung she was always here to play with us, particularly with him. Eventually as the time passed I felt like a third person between them. With each passing day they were getting close and more interactive that sometimes they had secret discussions from which I was unaware. They started getting along more than me.

One day I was crossing the road behind them as they continued to walk on without acknowledging me l, when I heard a honk. A truck was driving in my direction yet I was astonished to move away. It was coming closer and closer but I was standing there like a deer attracted to headlights.

"Y/N!!!!"

Taehyung turned around and yanking Yubin's hand away he dashed towards me. Within seconds I was collided with his body and got thrown on the other side of footpath while Taehyung was caging me. He was enduring the bruises from asphalt, keeping me above him.