𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊 : Stained Justice System

"𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘰𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸

𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘰𝘴, 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘰𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸."
-𝘈𝘤𝘩𝘦

Current Time

Current Time

The interrogation room felt like a blurred past of your childhood, an overwhelming wash of familiarity coerced throughout your mind. How ironic it was to find yourself as the one being interrogated.

Scenes of you seated on the opposite side of the table, a badge flashed at your belt as you flicker through folders while you interrogate victims felt like a flickering film, a ghost of you navigating in the same room.

But as you see ziplocked evidences laid in front of you, you remember why you pushed back all those memories. How they were better off forgotten.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Miss y/l/n." An officer finally occupied the seat in front of you and he seemed frazzled. People who knew who you had been accustomed to from the past, had them shriveling from your presence.

He has been trying to get a hold of you for days, until it became a nuisance that you had no choice. Even though you already knew what they were about to ask you. "I hope you use my time well, officer. It's already risky for me to be exposed outside the settlement."

"My apologies, I'm aware you're still under the witness protection program. We didn't expect that you'd finally agree to spare your time." The officer was finally getting comfortable in your presence.

"I know what I'm here for. And if you're looking for him. I don't have an answer to his whereabouts, I'm saying this now because I just don't want to waste your time on someone who can no longer contribute to your case."

The officer leaned back on his chair, hand resting on his chin. If your former job leaned on being observant as a second nature, you'd take it as a sign of almost curiosity rather than defeat dwelling on his face.