𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊: Taken*

TW: Mature scenes,  Mature languages, Gun play, Death, Read at your own risk

TW: Mature scenes, Mature languages, Gun play, Death, Read at your own risk.

      The heat of the summer breeze kissed at your skin once you stepped out of your car

Looking up from your old bricked apartment complex, the structure looked rather old and lifeless from the facade. Sauntering up the concrete steps, it felt like it was the first time coming home after a long absence.

Part of you was glad that you didn't have to spend another night sleeping behind the desk with your blazer as a makeshift pillow.

The pain from your lower back ached from the nights of how sore your muscle was from positions that you didn't know was possible to fall asleep.

The box filled with case files swayed with your movements, something that the office suggested you bring home with you if you got bored- which made you slightly offended, knowing you, they knew how much of a workaholic you are, which was true but they didn't have to take advantage of that.

It had been 2 days after the shutdown of the Red District. Your dislocated arm was pulled back to its joints by your medical doctor and you were thankful that it didn't create a permanent damage, which made you think, whatever Sanzu did to you was only meant to maim.

Did he mean it when he acted out of mercy?

Remembering his final words replayed in your head, and you hoped you didn't have to meet with him the second time for him to prove if he was really merciful. You were grateful you even walked out of there alive.

The blaring sound of 'Hotel California' drowned the silence of the corridors once you stepped in the entrance.

Chiro, the old landlady from the desk was very fond of that song where you on the other hand was aching to bash that old radio, since it has been the same song ever since you moved in here. 'Welcome to the hotel california.. Such a lovely place.." The song repeats and you watch Chiro flipped through her newspaper, leaning over the front desk and a heaving miniature electric fan in front of her.