𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙: The Aftershock

"The best lies about me, are the ones I told

"The best lies about me, are the ones I told."

- Patrick Rothfuss

       You felt a tap on your cheeks as warm arms wrapped around your half conscious body

You felt a tap on your cheeks as warm arms wrapped around your half conscious body. Everything around you was groggy; like you have been awakened from a very long slumber. "y/n." Someone called repeatedly above, pulling you out from your dream state of mind, until your eyes peeled.

The first thing you saw was Naoto's concerned face swiftly turning into a sigh of relief, his arms wrapped around your body still on the floor. "We need to get you a medic." Upon saying that, everything that happened came flashing back like a whiplash.

The pain on your dislocated arm and the blood running down your temple was the evident sign that all of it wasn't a dream. You had met the infamous Bonten member no.2, and he was everything you had ever expected.

As if your mind wasn't still grasping that you were still alive. Naoto was still rephrasing the scenario before you and you saw the office and the room where the captives were locked in, had been caught in the fire as your team extinguished what's left of the dousing flames.

Sanzu had got ridden of any helpful evidence that would point to them-

"Hey- stay down, it's over. You saved the girls." Naoto pulled your scampering figure, despite his words, you stubbornly pushed yourself up from the floor with your good arm.

"Not all of them." You mumbled as you pushed past him and the team that gathered inside the VIP room. Ignoring Naoto's desperate cries of your name, you clutched at your broken arm zooming past the halls.

The aftershock of the infiltration was a success as you see your team were now arresting a bunch of men from the sub - level of the main building. Officers scatter the areas, leaving no rock unturned.

You pushed past them as your mind couldn't think straight, panic set in your thoughts and you couldn't hold back the fright in your chest.

The familiar hall that connects the main building was now brightly lit as you sprint ignoring the looks you got from your subordinates, please let it be not too late.