Chapter 5

****************"What do you mean?" asked stepmother not getting his point

****************
"What do you mean?" asked stepmother not getting his point. She had confused expressions on her face while the man smirked seeing her and soon started coming closer to her due to which she started moving back.

"I want your daughter Avneet to be my slave or you can say my girl and in return, you will get as much money as you want." offered the man in a business voice and that was the time this offer touched her and she started thinking about it. She looked at him releasing smoke from his mouth and started thinking about their home expenses and she also knew Avneet won't be able to do anything and about Fiza, com'on she is her only lovely daughter whom she can't see working like a machine. A minute or two she decided to announce her decision.

"Seems like a good deal. Come let's go inside and discuss it." she welcomed him as she smirked. She offered him to sit him on their old couches laying in their small living room. Avneet's stepmother just stared at him from top till bottom with a flashing smile on her face.

"So, I want to marry your daughter and I am free to pay any amount of money you want." the man offered while the selfish stepmother had a smirk on her face. She looked at the man, seeing him her intentions changed. The one who asked her stepdaughter to consider her as her own blood mother was now about to sell her daughter yeah because she never considered her as daughter ut only an unknown person staying in the house.

Avneet who was sitting in a cafeteria flinching her fingers continuously out of nervousness was waiting for someone to come and give her the peace from which she is feared till now. She was continuously looking around when Siddharth came and sat in front of her. That's when she bursts.

"Where were you huh? I am already so much worried and then you were also late." she burst but he didn't get any reply instead of flashing a smile. She looked at him confused. She looked behind her to find where exactly he is looking and smiling while Siddharth rolled his eyes on her.

"Are you smiling at me ?" asked Avneet pointing at herself when she didn't find anyone around there behind. Siddharth looked at her in disbelief.

"Why ?, Can't I smile at you ?" asked Siddharth being irritated by this new yet serious change in Avneet's behavior. Due to tensions and burdens, it's so long that she couldn't smile and that's what Siddharth was trying his best to see in her. Her smile.

"Now, the news I am gonna share will surely make you happy," exclaimed Siddharth which made Avneet more and more curious. She sat straight looking at him setting her hair and crossing her arms on the table in front of them.

"You are appointed for the job at my brother's and uncle's company," informed Siddharth seriously to make her laugh. A wave of joy rushed inside her. She finally got what she was searching for past so many months. Her smile brighten, she was so happy that she covered her mouth in order not to shout in joy.

"Don't tell me. Are you serious ?" she said expressing trying not to yell in joy and Siddharth shook his head in yes and that's when he really got serious.

"But bhai shouldn't get to know about your and my relationship. Alright ?" asked Siddharth justifying. Avneet nodded and soon captured her hands with his. Siddharth smiled and started caressing her knuckles gently yet lovingly.

"You really helped me a lot Siddharth, I don't have words to thank you enough." Avneet thanked when a tear fell from her eye which Siddharth wiped quickly before it could fall.

"Avneet, Please don't embarrass me like this. I promise everything will be fine soon." consoled Siddharth looking straight into her eyes while she just smiled looking down maybe with no hope of having everything well soon. Like as she doesn't have any hope left in her while Siddharth gripped her hands tightly.

 Like as she doesn't have any hope left in her while Siddharth gripped her hands tightly

Will speed up the story from next chapters.

Words=700