Chapter 24

***************Avneet was sitting on the couch in Siddharth's room

***************
Avneet was sitting on the couch in Siddharth's room. Abhishek wanted to stay with  Siddharth but hospital rules were not to be broken. So, Avneet had to stay in hospital. She was continuously looking at Siddharth who was still unconscious with some drips, bandage on forehead and oxygen mask on his face. She was continuously glaring him cursing her fate. She wiped another tear which fell from her eye. Abhishek's words started ringing in her mind.

"Avneet, the doctor said that he... he has lost one kidney because of the direct hit and." He stopped as lump formed in his throat.

"And? And what?" Asked Avneet in disrelief.

"He, he might face infertility due to hit at the same place." This turned Avneet's world upside down.

"Doctors said not to inform Siddharth as it can effect his recovery. He, he might recover after some treatments but this isn't the time to tell him. Please" Abhishek's words were like a knife. Avneet was still lost in her thoughts when she heard sniffing voices. She looked at Siddharth to see him opening his eyes. She stood up and came close to Siddharth to see him opening his eyes.

"Av-neet" whispered Siddharth in soft and cracky voice. He slowly opened his eyes which made Avneet's eyes go teary. He raised his hand inorder to cup her face but Avneet held it kissing his palm.

"Are you okay?" Asked Avneet caressing his hair. He just nodded with half eyes open.

"Are you fine?" Asked Siddharth in a weak voice. Avneet smiled, Siddharth took a deep breath as he was facing difficulty in speaking.

"Let me call the doctor." Rushed Avneet out of the room and sent the doctor inside. She was outside sitting on the bench when she thought to call Abhishek and inform him. She dialed his number. As, it was 9 of morning, Abhishek was in meeting. He picked it up as he got worried.

"Hello, Abhi Bhai!" Spoke Avneet out of happiness.

"Avneet, Is everything fine? Is Siddharth alright?" Ask Abhishek in the worry.

"Siddharth is up Bhai, he is awake." Informed Avneet which made Abhishek jump in happiness.

"I'm coming." Said Abhishek cutting the call. Just then the doctor came out and Avneet stood up.

"Doctor, how is he?" Asked Avneet.

"He is fine now. He should be cared for at least one month but should be on bed rest for one week. He will get his stitches removed after week. Some medicines of vitamins and blood circulation with painkillers are required, you can buy from hospital pharmacy." Explained the doctor to which Avneet mouthed a thank you. Doctor smiled leaving the corridor. Avneet went inside to find Siddharth sitting on the bed supported with headboard, free from oxygen supply. He looked at her and for her, the time froze. The eyes she was craving to look at, are now infront of her. She slowly went near his bed and sat down infront of him. He just smiled holding her hand gently.

Next chapter is of Sidneet and Abhinavi

Next chapter is of Sidneet and Abhinavi. You will love it.❤️

Words= 517