Chapter 4

Kiyotaka POV

"I hope Rimuru and Gobta will be fine." After walking around the city for an hour or two, I stumbled upon a bar called 'Night Butterfly & Elves.'

I was curious about why adults like going to bars back in my world. Just hope there's no age restrictions about entering.

As soon as I showed up, the elves began ogling me and fought over me for some odd reason. I spent some time there talking to them. I've got to say it was a pleasant experience.

Now I understand why Rimuru was so hung up about these beautiful beings. After a few hours, I excused myself and exited the bar. As soon as I did, I saw Rimuru with a bunch of guys.

On the floor, there was a prideful looking man with a beard and a lab attire consisting of a formal suit with a necktie and a white lab coat. Looks like he got punched.

"Rimuru, what happened?" I asked, making them look at me.

"Kiyotaka?! You were here?!" He exclaimed.

"Friend of yours, Rimuru?" A dwarf who had his fist raised against the man on the ground asked.

"You could say we're something like brothers. Let me introduce you. This is Kiyotaka Tempest. Kiyotaka, these people are the dwarves I helped." He introduced their names.

"About this?" I gestured to the injured body of Vesta. "And where is Gobta?"

"Gobta is still in prison sleeping." He then told me about how Vesta was insulting him, which made Kaijin pissed, and punched him as a result. He also told me that he helped the dwarves.

And then, a small group of guards appeared.

"My brother, how foolish you have become." The lead dwarf sighed. Not that anyone can blame him. It really was foolish to lay your hand on a person with higher authority.

Vesta, while on the ground, looked at Kaijin, annoyed and shocked that he had the guts to punch him. His nose was bleeding as he held his cheek.

"That fool!" Kaijin exclaimed. "He dared insult my patron, Rimuru? Of course I will get angry!" He pointed his finger at Vesta.

And so, because of this, we were brought to the Palace. Why am I also apprehended by the way?

Two days later, the trial began. Now, we were in front of the King of Dwargon, Gazel Dwargo, who gave off an intimidating aura.

In this court, only nobles above the rank of Earls were allowed to speak freely. Even we, the litigant party were not allowed to speak without permission from the King.

One would be judged as guilty the moment they speak up. Guilty or not does not matter at all. Furthermore, the person speaking up on our behalf looks suspicious and acts suspicious.

The lawyer suddenly started talking about how Kaijin and his company enacted violence on him many times.

Even though I met Vesta only once, he's definitely a shrewd man. He must've bought the lawyers.

"My king! Please declare the severe punishment these people will receive!"

Unlike Sudo's trial in the past back in my world, this time we're at a disadvantage as we aren't allowed to speak up.

"...Kaijin." King Gazel spoke up.

"...Yes!" Kaijin answered.

"Long time no see, have you been well?"

"Yes! Even if I'm not by your majesty's side, seeing your majesty in good health, I am extremely overjoyed!"

"Very good, rather than that, do you have any plans on coming back?"