Chapter 25

Rimuru POV

Alongside Kiyotaka, Testarossa, Carrera, Ultima, Benimaru, Shion and Diablo, I entered the conference room. Myourmiles was already waiting nervously. Shuna was in charge of receiving the guests. Upon realizing our arrival, she began to prepare drinks for everyone.

"Gazel-sama said he's on his way." As soon as Shuna said that, the door swung open as Gazel entered the room.

"Have I kept you all waiting?"

"No, we only just arrived as well."

Now that we'd had our greeting, everyone was seated.

"Let's start with the conclusion. I contacted HQ this morning to have them gather the remaining gold coins. So far, we were able to gather one thousand five hundred coins. It's not much, but we can't have the people pay for it. Moreover, we have to prepare it by tomorrow morning, this is our limit."

If we were talking about gold coins in circulation, it wouldn't be so difficult to get enough. But if Gazel was to withdraw gold coins without causing negative effects to the Dwarven Kingdom, this was as much as he could get. It went without saying that Gazel was only willing to help because I requested him to exchange gold coins with our star gold coins.

"I'm really sorry, the amount seemed to be greater than I imagined. Thanks a lot."

"Hmm, I'll have someone carry it over by pegasus, it should arrive by next evening."

One thousand five hundred gold coins are quite heavy, I feel bad having them transport it here, I should use "Dimension Domination" to get the money. It's probably safer and more ensured.

"It's me who requested you guys, I'll be the one to get it."

"...I see, you seem to know 'Dimension Transportation', that's indeed more secure. I understand, I'll inform them about this. That aside, let's talk business, will this be enough to pay the merchants?"

"Hmm... about that..."

Unfortunately, we were still short by a bit. This Founding Festival was the first of its kind, so the budget we planned was huge. Therefore, the amount of gold coins required was pretty incredible—with three thousand coins and more. This would be three hundred million yen in the economy of my past life. Considering the economic scale of this world, that's an almost horrifyingly wasteful sum of money.

This was simply how rich our treasury was. We had 1,500 star gold coins, which could be exchanged to roughly 150,000 gold coins. That's why we didn't spare their usage, after all, it was just two to three thousand coins. It wasn't that our nation had no money, we could manage to pay if exchange were possible. But since the people at the receiving end were all retailers and small businesses, this did not work. And so we had to find gold coins from our treasury...

Our nation just managed to get into a currency economy, the flow of gold coins at this point was still limited. Even though we'd gathered all sorts of silver coins, there were less than a hundred gold coins of the Dwarven Kingdom.

This, plus my own money, made three hundred gold coins. Myourmiles managed to gather around one thousand coins. This added up to approximately one thousand four hundred coins. Even with the addition of Gazel's part, we still didn't have three thousand coins.

"Not enough, still?"

"I've calculated a bit; we are still a couple of hundred coins short."

"Even if your budget shortage was calculated so casually, how on earth did you manage to hold this type of celebration..."

"I just came up with the idea. The duration is short anyway, so I can't really help myself not to."

"...I don't even know where to start my grievances with you."