Chapter 22

3rd POV

On this day, the world is shadowed in fear once more. "Storm Dragon" Veldora has been revived.

The Western Saints Church has announced the fact to the public. And just before their announcement, they received information from the Freedom Association with regards to a message from the Demon Lords. With the news of the Ten Great Demon Lords becoming the "Octagram", nations around the world have plunged into chaos.

Every ruler of the nations has been troubled over the drastic change of situation and are all concerned about what to do in response.

The whole world has been shaken.

The Western Saints Church is no exception. They have detected an unusual aura of danger.

It's been several days since the duel between Hinata Sakaguchi andKiyotaka. The Church has been unable to reach Archbishop Rayheim since his march alongside the Farmus Army. It is an established rule to always send regular reports back, yet he has not responded, meaning something has gone wrong with their march on Tempest. When she received the news, Hinata decided to head to Tempest herself. Yet, before she could leave, she received the divine order to stand guard at the Holy Church.

The reason was: the revival of "Storm Dragon" Veldora. She was barred from marching as she was left to wait for the gathering of the Holy Knight Order to rain destruction on the Tempest Federation in her stead.

It's hard to tell who's luckier in this situation...

Hinata most certainly would be defeated if confronting Veldora directly without preparation. But now that Hinata is aware of Veldora's revival, she can strategize a direct invasion of the Tempest Federation. A Tempest Federation without Rimuru would have long been annihilated. Hinata's goal is Tempest Federation alone, not Veldora. She could have easily achieved this using her powers.

She was the one with the upper hand. Or at least that was her thoughts at first.

However, things didn't go as planned. Rimuru wasn't the only threat now. Veldora aside, she had faced a powerful being, who is related to the slime, that she stood no chance against. Just remembering those eyes of his still shook her to the core.

Without her noticing, Hinata has reached her destination. Her now comrade, Pope Louis awaits her.

The night before, Hinata defended the Cathedral from a mysterious invader. She was supposed to meet someone that night, yet by divine order her previous schedule was cancelled. And so that night ended with the Holy Land undefiled.

At least, it was supposed to be.

"Yesterday, my brother was attacked. Fortunately, the intruder had withdrawn before he had caused any harm."

"You must be joking, right? Didn't Roy disguise himself as Demon Lord to attend the Walpurgis Banquet?"

"It's true, Hinata. That invader you didn't kill ran into Roy when he returned before Luminous-sama."

"How could this be? The invader ran away as soon as he saw me, that's why I lost him in the end..."

"Indeed, but we can assume it was preemptive. Luminous-sama ordered you to protect the holy land, not to exterminate the invader. That duty was supposed to be carried out by my Imperial Guards."

"But I am supposed to be the head of knights among them... But Roy sure is useless having let the enemy escape too." Hinata smiles confidently.

In front of the pope of Ruberios—That is Roy's elder brother.

Luminous Valentine was the true Demon Lord. Her trusted twin lieutenants are Louis and Roy. The elder brother takes on the public persona as of Pope of the world, while the younger brother rules over the underworld, acting as a Demon Lord. And Luminous, who rules over all—as God.