Chapter 37

3rd POV

The Eastern Empire is one of the oldest nations in the world. It was more formally known as the Nasca Namrium Ulmeria United Eastern Empire.

The history of the Empire was said to be ancient, and that its foundations were laid out by a nation as far back as two thousand years ago. The long-standing minor Kingdom of Nasca gradually absorbed the large nations of the Magic Kingdom of Namrium and the Eastern Union of Ulmeria, thus giving birth to the Empire known today.

Its overwhelming military power was its backbone. During the past two thousand years, under the reign of the uniting emperor Rudra Nam Ul Nasca, the Empire grew immensely powerful, quashing any signs of rebellion from the nations they had absorbed. It acted as the hegemonic power, dominating these states.

This was the truth behind the Nasca Namrium Ulmeria United Eastern Empire, commonly referred to as the "Eastern Empire."

The emperor could be described as an absolutist and was born from a pure bloodline of overlords who all passed down the name "Rudra."

Regardless of the truth of this matter, the emperor advocated absolute meritocracy—and firmly stood by it. Thus, the core philosophy shaping the military was "Power is everything," and a special system was established that allowed a person to climb the ranks, if they had the strength to.

There was a rumor going around among the citizens of the Empire, pertaining to the reason why they had yet to begin their invasion of the Great Jura Forest. The reason many believed: The Empire had not finished preparing.

Around three hundred and fifty years ago, an attempt to subdue the Storm Dragon Veldora failed, and a city was destroyed in the process. Those who had provoked the capricious dragon had no time to regret it, as they shared the same fate as that city.

It had been the largest city of the Empire at the time, boasting a population over a hundred thousand, and was a fortress city adjacent to the eastern side of the Great Jura Forest. It had been built over a hundred years to serve as a bridgehead to invade the forest. They had hoped to turn this city into a military stronghold in order to break through the forest and further expand the Empire's territories. Driven by this ambition, the military at the time began to draft an assault plan.

They had to cross the Great Jura Forest. They had spent the past century longing for this opportunity. They were already a prosperous nation, and so there was only one reason why they hoped to expand their territories further: It was their emperor's wish. There was no other reason, and none of the Empire's citizens had any complaints.

The plan proceeded smoothly, and as the Empire's army gradually accumulated power, they were ready to display their military prowess. Soon enough, they were given orders to invade the forest in the name of the emperor. However, all plans for the invasion were thwarted by the foolish idea of a certain troop captain.

'Since we are here, we might as well subjugate the ruler of the Great Jura Forest too. It's just a giant lizard, after all, it doesn't stand a chance against us.' This hubris led to their ultimate downfall.

As for what exactly they had done, it was not accurately recorded. After all, the people in charge of keeping records as well as the places holding said records were all turned to dust. The Empire's wish and the emperor's ambition were reduced to ashes.

Time passed, and in the present day, the Empire found itself in a state of limbo. They had finally recovered from Veldora's blow, however, the emperor had yet to give his permission to invade.

Any act of invasion towards the Great Jura Forest was strictly prohibited. After three hundred and fifty years, they had rebuilt their power once more, waiting for the right opportunity to strike.