Chapter 20

A/N

Sorry, I had to republish the chapter be cause some errors weren't changed when I saved the edited one.

3rd POV

"Shit!" Demon Lord Clayman snarled. "To think that they would be killed by a single majin... Well they were just a weak human army after all... But on top of that, Pirone was killed during her reconnaissence mission. Maybe that demon intentionally diverted it towards the sky? Regardless of what happened, it led to the slime's awakening! I was at least able to confirm that one of them evolved, but my own awakening has been a failure! I can't believe I wasted all my time on that lord's effort's efforts of arranging such an opportunity..."

There was a knock on the door.

"Sorry for the disturbance, but is it a good time to talk?"

"Well well well if it isn't Frey. What do you need? If it is something trivial then let's talk about it later."

"I swear that attitude of yours. To think I would allow you to command me. But don't worry, I assure you that it's good news. Demon Lord Milim has taken down Demon Lord Carrion. The Beast Kingdom Eurazania has ceased to exist!"

"Oh, is that so? Well then you have done a good job." Clayman told her. 'Even though my plan was a failure, I have this power in my hands. Absolute Power: Milim Nava!'

"Well, that's my report and I have repaid my debt. Now I'll get going."

"Wait, Frey. Do you really plan on leaving this blood thirsty Milim here? I want you to take her home and take care of her."

"I have no reason to."

"You may have mistaken something. Milim is now my puppet. You have just witnessed how Eurazania was blown away in a single blow. I believe that those beautiful eyes of yours are known as the greatest among Demon Lord's, isn't it?"

"Right... so that was your plan from the beginning wasn't it? Well, I don't wish to meet the same fate as Carrion, so I will take her with me I guess..."

"Very wise of you, Frey. Well then, you may leave."

Before she left, she gave Clayman a warning. "Be careful of your usage of Milim, Clayman. You may get blindsided by relying too much on her, after all, there's a being out there who's close to Milim and can give you a fate worse than death."

"Hah! What nonsense!" He snorted. 'I have gained a triumph card. I no longer need to fear anyone else with Milim's power! Reaping tens of thousands of souls is now a much easier matter. With this power in my hands, I will be able to awaken into a True Demon Lord without putting in any effort."

"He he he he!" He cackled. "With this, I can finally get rid of Demon Lord Leon."

'However, before that, we have to get rid of that eyesore of a church, but there are a lot of secrets that can make it difficult to grasp the situation at hand. For now, I'll wait for Laplace's report on his infiltration mission.'

Kiyotaka POV

"..." Currently, I was in the meeting room discussing our next plans with the others when I heard her telepathically complaining in my mind.

Well, the one speaking in my head is a being that helps me travel around the world. The reason why I'm not having her here is because... she freeloads. Every time I call for her, I always have to give her tons of sweet things in return for her help.

'Fine, you can come.' I gave up on her pestering. She's not exactly annoying, but... if she's here, I'm afraid that starvation may occur in Tempest, and I don't want that to happen.