Chapter 23

3rd POV

The news couldn’t be kept a secret even if we wanted to. The rumor spread to the leaders of the nations surrounding the Jura Great Forest too quickly to be controlled: Hinata the Saint was defeated by Demon Lord Rimuru.

The information was released from multiple sources with great caution in order to prevent exposing the actual origin. The news was spread with a vivid description. It of course had to do with someone’s conspiracy. Yet without anyone’s notice, the rumors started to spread like wildfire.

No matter how secretive the attack was, it couldn’t have been hidden from everyone. Tempest Federation was currently right in the middle of the public eye, and so the neighboring kingdoms have been vigilant in their intelligence gathering. Given the fact that the march of the Holy Knight Order became an open secret, it only served to increase credibility of the rumor. As for the people who had received this news, there were all kinds of different reactions.

Some were fearful of Demon Lord Rimuru, some were angered by Hinata the Saint’s supposed incompetence. Others found it to be rather unimportant and instead focused on what they could do to keep their own country safe—some took special precautions.

Not only were there rumors flowing around; information had also been released through official channels. Hinata the Saint and Demon Lord Rimuru battled and ended up in a tie. The result of which was— Holy Empire Ruberios and Jura Tempest Federation signed a ceasefire and formed a non-aggression pact.

This information being as loaded as it was, there were still more pressing issues that needed to be addressed. Namely, the invitations sent out by said target of the rumors, Demon Lord Rimuru. The nations didn’t really trust the information put out by the Western Saints Church at face value. This event was already beyond comprehension, the entire world has and would be shaken by its occurrence.

That was a common understanding among the leaders of the world. Although no one knew the details, the Holy Knight Order didn’t appear to have sustained any casualties. This became a decisive factor to the decision making of the leaders of the nations.

Troubled by a multitude of thoughts, the Western nations became ensnared in the upcoming turmoil.

Location: Dwargon

The top officials of the nation—the ministers of every department have gathered for a meeting.

“Ah, now he’s done it.” A rather imposing voice rung in the meeting room, one that belonged to Gazel Dwargon—Hero King of the Dwarven Kingdom.

For the past few days, his covert agents have been busy. One by one they reported in and the intelligence department had been working overnight to analyze all of the information they received. They produced detailed documents and reports after analyzing video footage, making several copies before presenting them to the ministers.

The wealth of information was enormous. As a result, the number of pages in the document was staggering. It was no wonder they’d been working overtime.

Nevertheless, the current state of affairs was already much more favorable in light of what had transpired over the past few months… When compared to that time the slime Rimuru became a demon lord…

They hadn’t been able to catch a breath when, right after ascending, Rimuru dueled Demon Lord Clayman in a political nightmare. It was the same for the agents, intelligence department, King Gazel and the ministers of the kingdom. All of them suffered from a lack of sleep on account of that dire situation. Thinking back to that time, the current predicament was a piece of cake in comparison.

“Hehehehe. We’ll have to consider this as truth even if it’s unbelievable. Your junior has defeated that Saint…” Vaughn remarked, though in response, the Commander of the Pegasus Knight Order, Dorf, a far more serious person, disciplined him,