Chapter 15

Kiyotaka POV

"Great, all of you are here. Let's begin." I said as everyone in the meeting room had taken their seats. "As some of you already know, I'm leaving tomorrow."

A stunned silence filled the room.

"K-Kiyotaka-sama?!" Everyone but Sapphire, Shizue and Rimuru were shocked,

"Right now, I'm still weak compared to those like the Demon Lords. Milim is already proof of that. This world follows the rule of 'Survival of the Fittest'. In order for this city to remain standing, we're needed to get stronger, and the ones needed to be stronger than the rest are the rulers. To lead a powerful kingdom, the king needs to be powerful himself. There was a quote which says: 'The frog in the well knows nothing of the sea'."

Everyone but Rimuru and Shizue looked at me blankly.

"It means that we should be modest about the extent of our experiences since there may be a whole world outside the borders of our understanding. We would have no choice but to be humble in our dealings. The benefit in doing so is that we are open to constant expansion."

"Well, that is true... I guess since you've made up your mind, we can't change it." Kaijin said.

"Shizue and Rimuru will be leaving in a few months after me. Shizue, I know you want to save those children you taught in the past, but I'll leave that to Rimuru. Your job will be important because it may involve Tempest. I need you to travel to different countries and collect information if they'll attack our allies or Tempest itself. Out of everyone, you're the best person for the job. Being a former hero and adventurer, you won't be suspected as much as the rest of us in other countries and cities."

"I understand."

"Rimuru, I've told you before, right? About saving those kids?"

"Ah, yes. But I haven't thought of any ideas yet, though."

"Here's a hint: Remember Shizue." I gave him a vague hint. It would be easier if I told him right away, but if he wants to gain the children's trust, the best process is to make him slowly think of the answer instead of instantly bringing them to the Queen of Fairies or summoning Spirits.

"Huh?"

"Sapphire, Benimaru, Souei. I will leave the three of you with the task of defending this town. For Shion, if Rimuru asks that of you before he leaves, then follow what he says."

"Yes sir!"

"Any other questions?" I looked around for objections, and received none. "Alright. You're dismissed."

I took one last stroll around the city. The developments were coming along smoothly. I had some bad premonition that something's going to happen while I'm gone and that was the reason why I had Sapphire defend town instead of doing her normal work of taking care of trading.

"Kurobe, Kaijin. How's the finishing touches coming up?" I asked as I entered the forge.

"Ah, Kiyotaka-sama! Just in time!" He showed me the weapon I had requested. It was a black gauntlet, made from magicrystals and Charybdis's scales.

"Whew. That was by far the finest masterpiece I've made." Kaijin said, and Kurobe agreed.

"Great work as usual, and thank you."

"It's our pleasure, Kiyotaka-sama. I wish you the best of luck on your travels."

I nodded my head in response. I walked to the training ground where Hakurou, Benimaru, the goblin riders and Youm's group were.

"Ah, Kiyotaka-sama! Here to watch?" Benimaru asked.

"Not so." I said, making them confused. "I'm going to take you all on."