Chapter 3

Kiyotaka POV

It's been 30 Days since Rimuru ate Veldora. For the past month, we were fighting monsters to gain more power and experience, as well as practicing our attacks. For Rimuru, he was practicing the moves he got from monsters and other things, while I was practicing my magic along with the skills of monsters I got using 'Gluttony'. The only thing missing for me was knowledge of the different types of magic.

Since Great Sage was more adversed in Skills, I could only rely on the little knowledge she has about it. From the fights we had gotten into, I was honing my body and instincts in order to be more in sync and improve my abilities whether magic, skills or physicality. Fortunately for me, the White Room from my past had helped me with my physique, so things weren't very hard.

After a while of walking, we stumbled upon a huge gate blocking the way. A man-made thing in a cave. A trap? That was my first thought. Rimuru was about to open the gate, but I felt three presence behind that gate and about to open it.

Quickly pulling Rimuru away, we quickly hid. Just as we did, the gate opened, and three normal looking people entered

"Finally it opened. Though ain't the keyhole nearly destroyed and it's all rusted..." Unknown 1 said.

"Well it can't be helped. No one entered for about 300 years, right?" Replied Unknown 2.

"There is no record of entry. Other than that, is it really safe to enter? Nothing will appear and attack, right?"

"Gahahaha! Worry not! 300 years have passed so it might be unrivaled or what, in the end it's just a Lizard, right? I once suppressed a Basilisk solo-style. Leave it to me!!!"

"For a while I was thinking but that's a lie, right? A Basilisk is a category B ranked monster, right? Even for Kabal-san a solo subjugation was impossible , right?"

"Fool! I am also a B rank! It's just a large Lizard, not even an opponent!" Unknown 2, who was now known as Kabal, said.

"Yeah yeah. I understand, but don't lower your guard, please? Well if things get worse I'll just use my Escape Skill."

"We know that you two get along so, please lower your voice. I'll activate my "Concealing Arts" Skill so shut up!" Apparently fed up with his two partners' bickering, Unknown 3 yelled in exasperation. After they became quiet, the three humans vanished from sight, although I can somehow still see them despite the concealing skill. Maybe it's the difference in power that allows me to see them?

Once they were gone, I gestured to Rimuru that it was alright to come out now. After that, we proceeded to leave the cave through the gate. As I exited the cave, rays of light shone into my eyes, temporarily blinding me.

"Wow!" Rimuru exclaimed, looking at the scene before us. From where we were, which was a hill, we could see forest spreading out, along with the sun shining brightly. "After a month or so, we finally get to see the lights from the sun!"

"Hope we don't run into any troublesome situation." I said. Although we were powerful, who knows what other dangerous monsters are in the forest. Plus, it'd be troublesome to be roped into something.

Timeskip

Or so I hoped....

"Please help us, great ones!" The elder of the goblin village along with his son next to him kowtowed to us, begging us to help him.

"..." I stayed silent and let Rimuru negotiate. As he negotiated with them, let me tell you what happened.

So as we were walking along the forest, a squad of goblins came out in front of us, shaking out of fear. Their weapons are all beaten up, and their clothes in tatters.