Chapter 31

OE: A little late for warning (Probably) but FYI, I changed the fight of the Kiyo vs Gaiye and Reiner. I wasn't really thinking properly when I wrote it at first and made Kiyo overdid things, sorry about that!

3rd POV

The beautiful ex-mercenary, Glenda Attley. Every time she pulled her trigger, a life was taken.

Ever since she was summoned to this world, she held onto her beloved firearm. It had never betrayed Glenda's expectations. It became a part of her, so much so that shooting became second nature. With the addition of the Unique Skill 'Sniper,' Glenda was invincible.

Unique Skill 'Sniper'—this Skill has three main functions: 'Magic Perception' for the amazing ability to identify any target, 'Outcome Calculation' to analyse actions, and 'Space Manipulation.'

The last function in particular, 'Space Manipulation,' made Glenda almost invincible. Within her field of vision, Glenda could connect the space between any two points. In other words, her effective range of fire was anywhere within her eyesight. She could fire a bullet right next to the enemy's head, making bullets pass through any obstacles at will to hit the intended target. Factors such as gravity and air resistance could be neglected by her, allowing her to perform long-distance sniping even without a sniper rifle.

These conditions made her emerge victorious in every fight.

However, the misstep she made last time made her realise that there were stronger individuals out there.

And today, Glenda started to work on the assassination as her target came within range of her 'Magic Perception.'

The bullet she shot would appear around fifty centimetres away from the target. In a blink of an eye, her target would receive a headshot.

That fifty centimetres gap was very carefully selected. When connecting dimensions, there could only be a certain amount of mass overlapping with the wormhole, anything exceeding a certain threshold would cause the connection to fail. In other words, if her target moved around, the space that Glenda connected between them could be disrupted.

That's why she chose fifty centimetres. Even someone with godly reflexes couldn't respond quickly enough to something that close, especially a bullet travelling at supersonic speed.

She was extremely confident about today's mission, however, everything went wrong soon after. The bullet that was supposed to pierce through the prince's head didn't meet its mark.

"How can this be! What happened?!"

The unexpected situation of paranormal activity became her reality. She didn't understand the reason, but if someone were to have done this, it must've been the demon lord.

"It must be that Demon Lord! Did I underestimate him?"

That was Glenda's initial reaction.

For a moment, she thought about firing again. Her perfect ambush had just failed, so any further attempt had even less of a chance. She knew that, but it would mean that she failed her mission.

This, ultimately, made her miss her chance to flee.

"If you hadn't hesitated, you might have been able to escape." A monotonous voice spoke from behind her, causing her to freeze in surprise.

She abruptly turned and faced him. 'If this person hadn't said anything, he would've already killed me before I could react.'

"Unfortunately for you, your attack was already anticipated from the beginning. Everything went according to Rimuru's plan." Kiyotaka continued.