Chapter 16

Kiyotaka POV

Velgrynd dropped me off some distance away from Thalion. Just like the other nations and small towns, there were guards at the entrance.

After taking a look around town, I went to a bookstore to look for some helpful books. Having bought a book of different magic spells, I left to book a room for the day.

"Stop!" I heard a shopkeeper cry out to a thief who had stolen some jewellery. To steal in broad daylight, this guy must have lots of confidence in his fighting ability.

As he was about to run past, I tripped him, then slammed him onto the ground afterwards.

After the shop owner thanked me, the guards arrived and took the thief away.

"Ah." I heard from behind me. I turned and noticed that it was the three adventurers. "K-Kiyotaka?!" Eren exclaimed in shock.

"Hello." I greeted.

"What are you doing here?" Kabal asked.

"Nothing much, just travelling around and getting stronger."

"Aren't you already really strong?!" Irene said in exasperation.

"By the way, do you know anyone who can train me in magic?" I changed the subject.

They looked at each other then turned back to me. "I have an idea." Irene said.

Timeskip

"So you're one of the two who seduced my daughter?!" He leapt backwards and started doing some type of hand jujitsu. Behind him, a giant magic circle appeared.

[Notice: This is an extremely high-levelled explosion spell.]

"Dad!" Eren hit him. "That's not how you treat a guest. Sorry about that." She apologised to me.

"No, it's fine..." He is really protective of his daughter.

"Anyways dad, he is Kiyotaka Tempest, co-ruler of the monster city Tempest. Kiyotaka-san, this is my dad, Erald Grimwald, Archduke of Thalion."

"It's uh... nice to meet you." I stretched out my hand for a handshake.

"Hmph. I will only help out because Eren asked me to. So? What do you need help with?" Erald asked.

"I would like to perfect my magic. If you could, may I ask you for your tutelage?"

"Magic, huh? Very well, me along with several others would help you."

I nodded in thanks.

"However, in return, you will do me a favour." Well, since he agreed, I guess I shouldn't complain.

"Alright. When do we start?"

"First thing in the morning tomorrow. Firstly, come with me." He gestured to me to follow. I followed him, and we reached a huge palace.

Erald knocked on the door to the throne room.

"Come in." I heard a feminine voice called out.

We entered the throne room. In the throne room, there were many politicians. All eyes turned to us.

Since they would be suspicious of me if I used my codename and was wearing a mask, I had taken it off before I entered.

"Your highness, I've brought someone who can help." Erald knelt, and I followed him since it could be taken badly if I didn't.

"Hoh? What's your name?" She looked at me.

"My name is Kiyotaka Tempest. If I may ask, what did Erald mean by 'brought someone who can help'?" I asked.