Chapter 28

3rd POV

SHIIINGG! SHIIING! SHIIING! KABOOM!

Projectiles made from shadows that contained different varieties of powers within each weapon met their marks on Veldora.

Multiple cuts and burns could be seen on Veldora, as he let out a pained roar.

Meanwhile, Kiyotaka merely stood away from Veldora with a hand in his pocket, the other on the handle of his shadow sword, and millions of shadow blades forming around him.

Having observed Hinata's fight against Veldora, he implemented the same idea of 'Melt Slash' on every one of those projectile weapons.

Using the blades around him for long range attacks, and the sword in his hand for close combat, Kiyotaka held his own against Veldora. He observed every small movement Veldora made, choosing the optimal approaches to give Veldora a hard time.

"Kukuku! Not bad, Kiyotaka! But unfortunately, you will have to do more than that to beat me!" Veldora condensed lightning into his hands and formed it into a spear. "Take this! Gae Bolg!" The spear almost seemed like a meteor as it raced towards Kiyotaka

'Gay what now?' Kiyotaka thought, as he manipulated the shadow swords and altered their form into shields instead.

A massive explosion shook the area. As smoke filled the area, Kiyotaka stayed where he was, as he debated on which Skills he should use to defeat Veldora.

"Humph. So you managed to block that. As expected of you, Kiyotaka. How about this?" Veldora threw Thunderstorm at Kiyotaka. The compressed mass of atmosphere draws near Kiyotaka while releasing electrical discharge.

However, with a small flick of the wrist, the Thunderstorm exploded before it could reach Kiyotaka.

Even though the attack wouldn't damage him, having defeated Veldora before, Kiyotaka always looked at the bigger picture. He always calculated all possibilities. Even if he doesn't try to use his Demonic Eyes, which allows him to see the future, he always look at every attack with caution.

Faster than the main body which fired the Thunderstorm, Veldora went behind Kiyotaka. "Taste this! Dragon Claw!"

Veldora's fist, which was thrown at super high speeds, possessed 'Sundering Power' on the claws, which could tear apart any kind of material in this world.

However, his fist only went through his opponent.

"That was merely an afterimage." The monotone voice behind him sent chills down his spine.

A blast of fire, at point blank range, sent him crashing hard into the ground.

Veldora roared out in pain.

Normally, it wouldn't even have hurt him due to his 'heat resistance', but that blast of fire had the same effect as Velgrynd's, 'Burning Breath'. Getting hit by it would make one's magic go haywire in the victim's body. Trying to calm it down would take a lot of energy.

Veldora was blown up by his very own magical power. While the original was down on the ground, the other 'Parallel Existences' attacked, only to be grabbed by binds from the shadows around Kiyotaka.

And then-

BOOM!

A large black ball that contained Veldora's own 'Sundering Power' slammed down on the clones in their bindings, tearing them apart with a massive explosion.

Veldora had only barely made it away from the range of the blast.

"Tch, as ever, he's absurdly strong. What a monster... GAHAHAHA... this is getting exciting."