Chapter 8

Kiyotaka POV

"Shizue-san, can you teach us?" Gobta went on his knees and begged my secretary. "Hakurou's training is too harsh for us, so since you were a former hero, maybe you could teach us?"

"Erm... I'm not really sure if I can. I have to help Kiyotaka-san." Shizue politely tried to decline.

Was Hakurou's training that harsh? It was pretty easy though...

"It's fine." I gave my approval. "I will ask Hakurou to allow Shizue to teach you for the next few days. Shizue, you're done for the day, so you can train them."

"Yosh! Thanks Kiyotaka-sama!" Gobta exclaimed. Shizue, though, looks unsatisfied with my decision for some reason.

She sighed in defeat. "Alright, I will teach them because you said so."

"Fufufu!" Luminous appeared beside me and hugged me. "That means I can have my alone time with Kiyo!"

For the past few days, Luminous started calling me Kiyo since I kept denying her from calling me 'darling' as that was too embarrassing. I'm pretty sure Rimuru was keeping some blackmail material of that somewhere.

Well, getting called 'Kiyo' was better than getting called 'Kiyopon'.

Shizue gave her a light glare while Luminous returned it with a smug smile. While the atmosphere between them wasn't as tense as usual, I could still see some sparks flying between them.

"Alright, with everything settled, I should go and tell Hakurou that Shizue will be the one training you all." I turned around to face Luminous. " Are you coming along?"

"Of course~" Sending one last smug smile to Shizue, which made her flinch a little, she held my hand as we left.

"Alright, let's begin then." I heard Shizue tell Gobta with an ominous tone that I have never heard before.

"Hakurou, Gobta asked Shizue to teach them, so you could take a break for a while." I told him as I entered the canteen.

"Oh? So the boy asked her, huh?"

"Yes. Is that fine with you?" I asked. For all his efforts, Gobta and his friends didn't want his training, which I felt sorry for him.

"No worries. If that's what they wish, then that's fine."

"How about for the next few days, you will be my practice partner?"

"Is that alright for you? You've already surpassed me."

"There was a quote saying 'There is always someone better than you'. Besides, if I always kept to the same level, others would soon catch up."

"Hoho. Wise as ever, I see."

"Alright, I will see you tomorrow." As I said that, I left the canteen with Luminous.

We passed the time walking around town and eating food from the stalls around the city. My time with Luminous was an enjoyable one.

"Kiyo." Luminous called out to me as we were walking back. "If there were other girls who were into you, would you date them?"

"Probably not." I told her which made her look up in surprise. "After all, you're my fiancee, right? If I did that, it would be considered cheating. Besides, as one of the rulers of this city, I have to be a role model for the rest. If I cheated, that would give me a bad reputation."

"I see..."

"Why the sudden question though?"

"You see, if you got married to me, it would mean taking you away from those living in this city, right? Some of the girls here are in love with you, so I offered one of them a choice."