Chapter 36

3rd POV

It happened in an instant. As Yuuki and his entourage were about to escape, a man suddenly stood in front of them. Beside him was an eye-catching, blue-haired beauty, wearing a rather out-of-place crimson maid uniform.

"Huh?!"

"Who're ya?"

Yuuki stopped, sensing danger.

The man didn't respond to Laplace's question. He was staring straight at Yuuki, ignoring everyone else.

"Hohoho, if you insist on getting in our way—"

Footman, who was standing in front, went to attack the man and woman. Instead, a figure suddenly appeared and pinned Footman to the ground with one hand.

It was another woman, wearing the same crimson maid uniform as the blue-haired one. This one, though, had green hair. It was Mizeri, who was tasked to create chaos at the Council of the West a while ago.

Since Mizeri had come, it obviously followed that the blue-haired beauty was Raine. Both of them were accompanying the one and only, Guy Crimson. Known as the Lord of Darkness, he was the strongest of the Demon Lords.

His crimson hair, a red sheen deeper than blood, fluttered in the wind. His crimson eyes, glimmering gold and silver stars, gazed down at Yuuki arrogantly.

"Yo. I think this is the first time we've met. You've done well to catch my attention."

Guy's gaze was locked on Yuuki. No one else was worthy of his eyes. That fact wasn't lost on Yuuki, but he was conflicted over how that made him feel.

When Footman was easily beaten by Mizeri, he could measure just how strong they were. Or rather, he could tell by the color of their hair and by those special maid suits. Kagali—also known as Kazalim—and Clayman had mentioned these people. These three fit the bill.

In other words, the person in front of him stood at the top of the world. His position was Yuuki's end goal. As long as his ambition was to conquer the world, he would have to clash with this enemy one day.

"Is that so? You must be the so-called strongest, Guy Crimson. It's an honor to meet you. My name is Yuuki Kagurazaka. I never expected you to come to me. Were you looking to team up?" Yuuki mustered a smile without being intimidated by Guy.

Naturally, that was just wishful thinking. He could tell just by looking at how Mizeri was handling Footman right now. It was plain as day that Guy and his maids did not come to forge any alliances.

Even though he was faced with overwhelming danger, Yuuki still tried to put on a friendly tone. This was his unique way of negotiating. He would often throw out a wild statement to get a reaction, in an attempt to gauge his enemies' intentions.

"Ah-hahaha. You're an interesting fellow. You've got plenty of guts to be saying that straight to my face. Now that's not a bad proposition, but you seem to be his and Leon's enemy. Besides, weren't you planning to head east? I personally don't want Rudra to acquire any more power."

Negotiations failed.

Yuuki knew from the start that Guy would not have accepted the ludicrous proposal. But he didn't let that discourage him, instead reading deeper into Guy's words. Rudra was the name of the emperor of the Eastern Empire—the Nasca Namrium Ulmeria United Eastern Empire. He figured those two had some kind of relationship, one evidently tainted by bad blood.

'So is he trying to get rid of us before we can run to the East? I don't really want to make the strongest my enemy, but I suppose there's no other way out, considering how things have developed...'