Chapter 11

Kiyotaka POV

"Do it!" Hakurou told Rigged and Geld, who were lifting a dead Megalodon together, over their heads. Complying, they threw it in his direction.

With swift slashes, he cleanly fillet the Megalodons. Sapphire hugged me as she hid behind me in fear due to seeing them fillet her kin to eat. I could feel glares directed at her from Shizue and Luminous.

"Ara how bold of you to hug my future husband like that." Luminous smiled at her coldly.

"If you want, I can give you a hug too." I joked.

"Hehe. I will take you up on that." She teased back.

"Oh?" I went close to her and hugged her. I won't back down. "Like this?" I asked.

She just snuggled closer, which caught me off guard since I had not expected that. Behind me, I could see Shizue pouting.

Around us, the monsters were praising each other for their fight against the Megalodons, somehow not noticing what I did, which was a relief.

We had a treaty signed between Blumund and us, saying if we were in war, we should help each other out. Thus, this added further stability to the foundation of Jura Tempest Federation.

Several weeks have passed since the battle against Sapphire. The land of Tempest was calm once more. A lot has happened, and our nation is getting recognised.

It could be a good or bad thing. On one hand, we were identified as friendly monsters who helped people. On the other hand, we may be seen as a threat to other countries for being a home of monsters and due to decreasing their trade and whatnot.

Luminous had left yesterday, saying she had things to do in her country, Ruberios.

Sapphire, who was formally Charybdis, was getting along well with Milim, probably because they are similar in nature. Speaking of which, ever since I named her, she got really strong, gaining the Unique Skill 'Liquid Manipulation', which allows her to manipulate any form or state of water.

In combat, she seems to be a complete monster with absolute strength, excellent fighting abilities and top notch instincts. So this is a monster said to rival a Demon Lord...

Back to our country affairs, we are on friendly terms with Dwargon and the Kingdom of Blumund. The road between them and us would be ready soon, and an official invitation arrived.

Currently, Rimuru, Benimaru, Souei, Hakurou and Shion were fighting with Milim while I took care of the current affairs.

After I handled the paperwork until the end of the day, I decided to train more. Reaching the training ground, I saw Shizue still training. I smiled mentally.

The stubborn girl was fixated on making me proud and stronger, which I was actually glad to have her on my side. Watching from behind a bush, I sensed a presence approaching. It was Sapphire.

Noticing each other's presence, they glared at each other, sparks flying between each other more intensely than with Luminous.

"How about having a spar?" Sapphire said to her with a smile that didn't reach her face.

"I will take up your offer on that." Shizue answered with a fake smile of their own.

Preparing their stance, they analysed each other's stances then charged at each other. Shizue's sword met Sapphire's fist, creating a shockwave that blasted each other back. If Shizue's weapon wasn't as good as it was, it would have broken under Sapphire's strength. Shizue's sword is a Legendary class, one which she had with her for a very long time.