Chapter 18

Kiyotaka POV

"This is a fairy tale handed down in the Sorcerous Dynasty of Thalion. Us people of Thalion are not supposed to give information of it to outsiders but given the situation, I guess there's no choice." Eren's ears turned pointy, into that of an elf. Since I have seen it before, I wasn't surprised.

She started her explanation about the story. The girl was the daughter of a human and a dragon, and she was raised as the Dragon Princess. One day, her father, a dragon, made a double of himself in the form of a baby dragon.

Through assorted events, the pet dragon was killed. She grieved over the loss of her only friend, and with her head full of anger, she destroyed the king along with his entire nation, then the girl transformed into a Demon Lord, and when she did, the baby dragon miraculously came back to life. However, it lost its soul the moment it died and came back as an evil monster with no will of its own, as the Chaos Dragon that destroyed everything in its path. Though it hurt her deeply, the girl sealed away the Chaos Dragon, and that was where the story ended.

If I became a Demon Lord, I could revive the dead. However, as ironic as it was, coming from me, I did not want them to be soulless minions. While there was a low chance, would the barrier covering town be able to keep the souls in town?

[Notice: The chances of the souls of the individual Sapphire and the rest of the monsters being preserved within this place is... 3.14 percent.]

"But is this going to be alright for you?" Rimuru asked. "You practically told us to become a demon lord."

"Yeah. To tell you the truth, my real name is Eryune Grimwald. My blood connects me to the royal family of the Sorcerous Dynasty of Thalion." Eren, or as she introduced herself, Eryune, told us, which I had already known.

"You're... a princess?"

"We left the country with Princess Eryune to protect her." Kabal explained.

"Better not waste any time." I said as I placed my hand on the ground and activated a third barrier to be on the safe side, besides that, I also strengthened the barriers around Tempest.

I used 'Thought Communication' on Rimuru. "Rimuru, may I be the one to resurrect them?" With another two thousand souls, I'd be able to awaken as a 'True Demon Lord'.

"Huh? Why?"

"Because this whole situation is my fault. Although I had no control over the attack from Farmus, if I had you or Shizue stay here, then the probability of this happening would have decreased. Other than that, I had already known the flaw of the rules 'No attacking humans', but I never warned you. As such, I would like to take responsibility."

He sighed. "Alright."

"By the way Rimuru, there's something I'd like to ask of you..." I told him the plan.

Timeskip

After getting Benimaru to gather everyone as we were going to hold a conference on the battle plan, Rimuru and I walked towards the quarters used by Youm. Upon seeing the both of us, Youm's face paled.

'R-Rimuru and K-Kiyotaka?!"

"I've decided on Myulan's punishment." Rimuru said,

"Myulan? As in that witch?" I asked.

"You know of her, Kiyotaka?"

"She's been spying on us since long ago, and I also fought her before back when I was travelling, and was at Clayman's domain."

"Oh, you mean the person you told me who's invisible from my sight?"

"Well... not quite invisble, but yes."