Chapter 19

Location: East of Tempest

3rd POV

Benimaru's back was straight, shoulders high, as he strode directly for the magical device installed east of town. One of the Tempest Knights was the first to spot him.

"Someone approaching ahead! All troops, prepare for battle!"

"Sorry, but you're going to help me vent my anger a bit." Benimaru's eyes glowed in anger. In an instant, the knights were all dead. With his sword ancased in jet-black flame, he cut the knights neatly in half, armour and all, as easily as ripping a sheet of paper. Their fresh blood stained the ground red, like crimson fields of flowers blooming amid the black fire.

One of them held out just long enough to voice his final resentments. "N-nobady said anything about this... this... monster..."

It was the captain of the knight companu, and it was his last act on this world before the black flame consumed him. It wasn't even a half a minute for benimaru to slaughter them all.

With another offhand swipe of his sword, he slashed right through the magic device.

"Mission complete." He whispered. "Now, is anyone pathetic enough to be having trouble with this?"

Over to the south, Gabiru was busy rousing his men.

"Ga-ha-ha-ha! The day has come for our efforts to be rewarded! My promotion is surely close at hand!"

"Such words," One of his dragonewt friends whispered. "Is exactly why Soka and the others make fun of him."

"Shhh! You want him to hear you?"

"Yeah, well, that's one of the great things about out general. After all, isn't it?"

"You said it."

"Enough idle chit chat, dragonewt warriors! Follow my lead!" Gabiru exclaimed before flying towards his targets.

"What?! Dragonewts? What're they doing here?"

"My name is Gabiru!" Gabiru lifted his Vortex Spear dramatically. "No need to make my acquaintances! Take this along with you to the underworld!"

He landed on the ground, shattering the earth, and slash in a giant arc, killing the knights around him.

The other dragonewts followed up with ever-changing breath attacks- fire, ice, air- taking out the rest of the knights.

Over to the north, Souei and his platoon were on the move, silently using Shadow Motion to sneak into encampment.

Out of nowhere, there was a dull thud- the sound of someone's head hitting the ground. Souei had decapitated the knight commander. It sent a signal to all that the battle was on.

"N-No! Where did tthey...?!"

"Graaahhh!"

"Aaaahhh!!"

The assassins had successfully threw the northern encampment into fits of terror.

Before long, blood was spilt everywhere as all the knights in the area were ruthlessly disemboweled.

"Master Souei, I apologise. It seems that these troops were weaker than I thought." Soka said as she took a knee before her leader.

"... But who can say," Souei said as a smile crept upon his lips. "Who the unlucky ones really are here?"

Kiyotaka was on his mind. As he left to the west, they could all see the look in their lord's eyes, pure coldness and darkness within, making their knees go weak, and terror filled their bodies. All they could do was feel pity for the ones who were going to take the brunt of his rage.