chapter 3

With red eyes and devastated face, he came out from the ICU and got shocked to see a emotionless niharika standing infront of the ICU... staring at him....
He saw everyone there including Ashish's parents...

He immediately wiped his tears and about to go.. suddenly someone caught his wrist and that was Nikku...
She turned to him....
He looked at her in shock....

" How is he raj?" She asked....

Neither tension nor anxiety no sadness.... anything can't see in her face..it's just an emotionless face...
Dheeraj wondered why is it so?

He didn't reply anything he held her hands in a assurance manner as if nothing.......
But she held him more tightly...and looked into his eyes..
His eyes filled with tears....

" He left... Haina ?" She asked....

He looked at her in astonishment....
He didn't said anything...tears just flowed down from his eyes...

She sat on the floor with a thud....
Sangeetha and Maheshwari held her shoulders ....
They too sat down and cried...but she didn't cried...
Only tears rolled down through her cheeks...
This made Dheeraj scared....what if it mentally affected her?

Just then doctor came from inside...
Seeing everyone rushed to him...
"Among this who are mr. Ashish Verma's parents?" Doctor asked..

" Hum hai..." Radhika and Ankit Verma , parents of Ashish came forward....

Radhika was crying badly and Ankit was supporting her by holding her shoulders...

" Tell us doctor" Ankit asked...

" I'm so sorry Mr. Verma ...we couldn't save him...." Doctor said and ......

Radhika's scream echoed the corridor of the ICU...
Ankit tried his maximum to console her....
He made her sit on a chair.... niharika stood up from the floor and sat beside Radhika and held her hands tightly...
Radhika leaned to her shoulder and cried....
Unstoppable tears came from niharika's eyes... but she didn't cried out loud and it made everyone scared especially Dheeraj...

Just then doctor called Dheeraj to a corner..
" Mr Singhania...your friend Ashish told me earlier that don't tell anyone about his disease..not even his family....but I told you as it was a serious situation....I hope you don't share with anyone...it may shatter them more..." Doctor said....
Dheeraj just nodded....
.
.
After sometime,
A stretcher came out of the ICU covered with white cloth...
An attendant removed that cloth and everyone saw Ashish for the last time...
Radhika hugged his lifeless body
and cried ..
Niharika just stood there like a statue...
Seeing her, Dheeraj went near her and wrapped his arms around her shoulder for support...
She looked at him...he too looked at her...
She nodded..just nodded...
He removed his hands and she walked through the corridor alone....

" Please be strong Ankit ji..if you broke down, then Ashish's mother will also.. please control yourself..." niteesh consoled  Ankit...

" Sorry niteesh...your daughter...I loved her so much and wished to came as our daughter in law ... but.. look at our fate...
If you arrange her marriage, then ofcourse call us.. we'll come and bless....." His voice broke down...

He cried hugging niteesh...
Radhika fainted unable to bear the pain and ishwari held her...

" Namish , his brother is in America..what about him..will he come or should we wait for him?" Niteesh asked..

" We'll ask them bhai.." Namish said and he asked Ankit about the same... but he replied as he can't come and his exams was going on...
.
.
2 weeks after,
Ashish's cremation was done at Delhi as they took his corpse to Delhi where they was settled....
Back at Mumbai.., the wedding got cancelled and this made niteesh more tensed...things weren't back to normal for them and in niharika's life too...
Niteesh was now concerned about her..
He was walking here and there in his room..
Just then, Sangeetha entered the room ...