chapter 5

She  cupped her face with one of her hands...
" Finally Dheeraj bhai got succeeded in his love..." Bhavini thought to herself with a slight smirk....
But unknowingly a tear escaped from her eyes...
She wiped it and hugged Nikku tightly and both slept...

.
.
And 2 days after , they planned for a small ceremony for engagement...
It's a simple one with only their close friend and relatives...
And the following day by haldi and mehndi,and the next day marriage...

Every one again got immersed in preparations  for the marriage....
Friends and relatives are invited and today is the engagement ceremony...
Dheeraj got ready in his pink and green floral design kurta...

He looked damn stylish and handsome in that dress....
He stood before the mirror and combed his hair as the final touch up...
He stood there for sometime looking at the mirror...
He closed his eyes and breathed in and out for relaxation as his heart was racing fastly inside....
Just then he felt two hands on his shoulders...
He opened his eyes to see his brother darshan...
" Nervous?" He asked

" A little" raj replied

" Don't worry raj... everything will be fine...now it's time.." darshan said...

He nodded and just then they heard Maheswari calling them...
They came downstairs....
Maheshwari looked at her son...she waved her hands around his face and placed knuckles on her temples...

" Nazar na lage kisi ka" she said as her eyes  filled with tears...
Dheeraj side hugged his mother and all left....
.
.
Niharika is getting ready for her engagement....she  had a neutral face...she looked neither sad nor happy...
She got ready ....bhavini , Sangeetha and rekha helped her getting ready...

bhavini , Sangeetha and rekha helped her getting ready

She looked ethereal in peach and green outfit...
Seeing her, unknowingly Sangeetha's eyes filled with tears...he put a stroke of kohl behind her ears...
She got up from the dressing table...
Just then , niteesh entered the room to inform that Dheeraj and his family is here...

thought they arranged a small function that too in their home , every arrangements were perfect..

Niteesh and Namish welcome them with all due respect...rekha and Sangeetha were also there and some of their relatives and friends...
Dheeraj looked a bit nervous but happy...
After sometime, the function started..
Niteesh said bhavini to bring niharika down....
Bhavini and niharika's other 2 friends went upstairs to bring her down...

Niharika slowly descended the steps and took slow steps towards the grand decorated hall...
Dheeraj looked at her once and his breath hitched...
His heart skipped a beat...
He couldn't take off his eyes from his girl....
She slowly came with usual bridal shy ... her head hung down...
She stood beside Dheeraj..and they looked like perfect match... like couples made in heaven...
Maheshwari hugged her to be daughter in law..

" You looks so pretty beta.." she said to which niharika smiled...

" Really beautiful sakhi..." darshan commented to which she smiled...
Hrishika , daughter of Darshan and Rithika giggled inside her mother's arms...
Niharika pulled her cheeks...
But Dheeraj was in his own world...he looked at his to be wife, without even blinking his eyes...
"And you are looking  Gorgeous Sonu " he wispered to her ears..
She looked at him and chuckled a bit...

Soon pandit ji announced that it's time for engagement and roka ceremony..
Sangeetha and bhavini stood beside nikku ...
Rithika stood just behind Dheeraj..
She held a box which she streched towards Dheeraj...
Sangeetha streched one box to niharika...
Niharika took the platinum ring with her name engraved on it...
She looked up at Dheeraj...he smiled a bit...she gave a wide smile to him which ofcourse surprised him...
She took his hand in hers and slid the ring into his ring finger of left hand...
He kept looking at her...
He too took a platinum ring with diamond stones and his name engraved on it,  from the box which Rithika was holding  ...
He took her hand in his and slid the ring into her ring finger of left hand...
She looked at him and looked down..
Everyone threw flowers on them...
They took blessings...

Soon , Maheswari made them sit....pandit chanted some mantras...she put a veil on niharika's head ..
She did arti to both and gifted her some box of jewelleries...( Sorry if any mistakes there.. because I don't know much about these  rasams)..

" It's celebration time...chalo chalo..have some sweets.." by saying this bhavini put a big laddu to Dheeraj's mouth...

He almost chocked and seeing this everyone including niharika laughed and she  patted on his head...
She asked Sangeetha to bring water...
She made him drink water ...

" Are you ok?" She asked still smiling..
He just got lost in her smile...
He nodded as if he's in dream..

Rithika and darshan danced for a romantic song and bhavini and her friends danced for a fast number...
They didn't asked niharika and dheeraj to dance as  they wasn't sure about what they feel...
Soon the photo session started...
Dheeraj and niharika posed for the photos while others were busy in eating and all....

Suddenly niharika noticed someone staring at them...
She keenly observed and understood that it was a girl...
She is staring at them...
She felt something fishy in that...
She called Dheeraj by slightly hitting him with her elbow..

" Raj... who's she ? Your relative....? Her looks isn't fine ...aisa lag rahi hai ki  she will eat both of us right now.." she asked

" No...not my relative...may be yours...aisa dekh rahi hai to pucca she'll be your relative" he teased..

She gave a deathly glare to him...
He smiled at her..
" I'm serious yaar...her glances aren't fine... she's neither my relative nor yours then who?" She asked

" May be business friend of darsh ..." He said without giving much attention..

" Oh.." she said and again looked at the girl...

But this time she didn't saw her at the same place...
Her eyes roamed around to see the girl and she saw her talking to someone over the phone...
She suspiciously looked at her...
Seeing her..the girl quickly moved out in hurry...
Niharika badly wanted to follow the girl as she was getting some bad vibes from that girl's glances...
He sighed inside and again posed for the photos but still her mind was roaming around that stranger  girl....
.
.
.
..................................................................
How's the chapter guys..
Hope you all like it..
But I'm getting less votes and less viewers...
It's discouraging me from writing...
If you really likes the story plot.., then please comment and vote...
Please support.. I promise..I won't make you disappointed...
That's all I can say...
Please make this book to reach other readers also...

Stay happy
Stay safe 🙏