chapter 23

"Yes ...raj...this time I won't fail...we will go to Delhi as friends and will come back as husband and wife.."she thought to herself...

A few more days passed by,
As said before, on Sunday itself , aham went to America for some urgent work in his business ....
darshan and niharika decided to go to Delhi with Dheeraj....
And tomorrow they are leaving for delhi... Dheeraj was all excited like a kid that he was going out after a long time..but niharika , on the other side was also excited, for her plans...

" Sonu...kaise jayenge hum.. flight tickets book kiya kya..rithi bhabhi bhi aa rahe ho kya?" ( Sonu how will we go? Did darsh booked the flight tickets..? Will rithi bhabhi also accompany us ) Dheeraj asked out of full excitement like a small kid and niharika just smiled...

" Now take your medicines and sleep..we have to wake up early.." she stated smiling and went out of the room....
He sat down on the bed with a slight smile, looking at her....
.
.
Next day ,
Niharika looked out through the glass window of the cab , sitting on the back seat along with Dheeraj...

" Delhi is beautiful right?" Niharika asked breaking the long time silence in the car....

They reached early morning itself at Delhi Airport and now they are heading towards Ashish's house which was situated near Karol Bagh....

" Yes ...it's beautiful apart from this pollution.." darshan said looking out wrinkling his nose .... Dheeraj giggled at his comment....

Niharika had already informed radhika, Ashish's mother about their arrival and also about dheeraj...she was so sad at first hearing that ..then she promised niharika that she'll help to revive Dheeraj's memory...

Soon they reached infront of a two storied building ..... Dheeraj lowered the glass window and looked at it....some memories flashed through his mind...he closed his eyes ....some undeciphered sounds churned his head ....

He slowly got down from the car amd walked with darshan and niharika towards the house....
They were welcomed by Radhika and Ankit...
Dheeraj looked around the whole hall where they are sitting and unknowingly his eyes turned moist...he wondered why his eyes got water...

Just then , radhika came infront of him with a glass of water .....

" Take it beta " she smiled at him...he took water and smiled back at her...

" Maa.. I'm extremely very sorry that I came at the time Where Ashish wasn't here.." suddenly Dheeraj said which made Ankit choke ...
Radhika eyed at Ankit.....she thought for a while and replied.....

" It's ok beta...by the way,after a long time aham came back to India" radhika said
Dheeraj's face lit up in joy....

" Really ...it's been years since I met him...how is he? Fine? " He asked back

" He is absolutely fine.... He remembers us of Ashish Always...." She said unknowingly her eyes turned moist....but she quickly wiped it...

" Ok ...nikku ...go and get fresh up....I'll show you the room...you all must be tired.." radhika said to which darshan immediately got up...

" Yes aunty... tiresome journey..."darshan said

Ankit accompanied darshan and Dheeraj to show their rooms whereas niharika remained at the hall...once they left, niharika hugged radhika tightly.....

" Thankyou maa...thanks for everything....but please be keep it as a secret..." Niharika broke down

" No need to say thank you beta..you know Dheeraj is also dear to me just like Ashish and aham ..he is also my son....first I got shattered hearing the news ...first I lost my Ashish and then my Dheeraj...I always prayed for you both ...but look...today my daughter is crying infront of me which I never wanted...don't worry beta... before leaving delhi...he will remember everything.... Don't worry" niharika tightened her hug and cried ...radhika soothed her hairs and condoled her...